Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    Also why no Brembo's?
    OG 03' Member #429

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by yourfather View Post
    I bet you can get a discount on bulk orders of say, 4,000 sets of rays wheels
    they only made 200 in the uk... that why its sold out and couln't apply for the discount..

however ozhonda memebers could arrange a group buy for it
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    Also why no Brembo's?
    Brembos were designed for race cars... not for posers
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    why no LSD is a big thing? i will be interested to hear what they have to say on that one.

weight also? but then it starts to raise the whole "is it a real type R" debate as it has various comfort additions that could have been left out to save weight therefore making it go harder but at the expense of selling a few more or less. maybe they are concerned "Who" buys the car as well...

look forward to seeing the answers

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    Also why no Brembo's?
    Do you know if the Golf GTI has Brembos?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    they only made 200 in the uk... that why its sold out and couln't apply for the discount..

however ozhonda memebers could arrange a group buy for it
    ???? The Type R is in the regular lineup in UK.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by qstoria View Post
    why no LSD is a big thing? i will be interested to hear what they have to say on that one.

weight also? but then it starts to raise the whole "is it a real type R" debate as it has various comfort additions that could have been left out to save weight therefore making it go harder but at the expense of selling a few more or less. maybe they are concerned "Who" buys the car as well...

look forward to seeing the answers
    In the UK, the Type R (along with the EP3) is considered a hot hatch. They are not hung up on the "Type R legacy" BS. If a car is fast and handles good, it is a fast and good handling car even without a Type R badge on it. If Honda released the JDM CTR over here, but with 147kW, no LSD and no Brembos, all the members here and on the other Honda forums will still bag it out for being a fake Type R and even moreso with 4 doors. One of the main reasons why everyone here LOVES THE JDM CTR SO MUCH is because we can't get it. LOL.

Everyone loved the EP3 before and now that it is compliable, not many people want one.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    id love an Ep3, but i'd prefer a deposit on a house. hence i'll keep the DC2

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by EK4R View Post
    ask them whats the reason for the limited amount of colours. or will they be new colours few years on. most people would probably want white.
    Type R's have always only been available in limited colours for good reason, they suit the R theme, and the blue never looked right in DC5R guise IMO.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's started. I've asked them why isn't the CTR available in championship white.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    They answered my first question:

15. aaron33 asks:
    Hi. Thank you for finally bringing in the Civic Type R into Australia. I guess the first question that many people will ask is, why isn't the car available in the signature Type R colour, Championship White?

Matthew Nichol answers:
    Yes the Championship white is considered the signature colour of the Type R. Unfortunately the UK factory is not producing this model in championship white. The reason is that white is not a very popular colour in Europe because in snowy conditions the white car becomes invisible.

hmmm... having trouble registering. I keep getting an empty email when it asks me to activate.

Could someone please post the following q's;

- What were the defining points which led to the decision to implement VSA instead of an LSD? and how are they largely different in performance terms as I understand it VSA will brake a spinning wheel whereas an LSD will apportion drive to the wheel with traction instead. In your opinion, does the (braking) VSA system limit the ability for the new car to aid the rear to work with the car in cornering as much as the use of an LSD? Please elaborate!.

- What were the main points of consideration when adopting a torsion beam rear suspension setup? Is this just a case of trying to make the best of what you've got to work with?

- what does Honda Australia know about the type of people who have previously bought Type R cars and do you think there is a distinct difference between people who drive those cars and the people that will buy the new car?

- do you believe there is a case for the Japanese car and if not, what do you believe are the limitations with offering this model to Australian buyers? In addition to this, does HA have any thoughts on what specific outcomes that may prevail from the current free trade talks with Japan which may serve as an opportunity to consider some Japanese market cars in to Australia (particularly the Japanese Civic Type R!)

- Given the limitations due to the inheritance of the family car body to work worth, what particular Type R detailed modifications were made to lower the weight and reduce the centre of gravity, keeping in mind, most Type R enthusiasts drool over detail things like lowering of seat heights and deletion of vanity mirrors!. Which aspects of the car do you see as major contributors of excess weight?

- Has the front and rear skirt been wind tunnel tested? and if so, what results do they produce?

- How does Honda Australia gauge the discontent that seems to be swelling relating to a feeling that the Japanese car is a preferred option within a not insignificant group of Honda enthusiasts? Do you acknowledge that this is the case, and how does this effect your future decision making?

Thanks