Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just ordered new civic 07..feeling regret ?

man the car will arrive in 2 weeks and i just found out that the civic has alot of problems from this forum. ie window stucked, CD screwed up, rattling noise, boot is not working... wat the hell!!!! wat should i do??? tried so hard to convince my mom to help me pay half of the loan for the civic instead of the yaris .... extra 6k....

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    is this the 8th gen civic? civic FD? not all people come accross all those problems, never experienced any of them except the window problems, but honda should fix it if you mention it at a service.

I got Windows problem on my 10k service, before that (and at the moment as well) it was fine. You practically cant do anything about the ratling. but overall its still a good car for me... hey, nothing is perfect rite?

You can visit any forum of any brand and be certain, there will be threads regarding issues pertaining to their vehicle of choice.
    So perhaps that should you find a decent sized online Yaris community, there might be a few threads on problems as well.

Should any unfortunate issues pop up, that's what factory warranty is for. Use it!

But a Yaris should really be compared to the Honda Jazz and not the Civic, that's where the Corolla comes into the picture.
    Last edited by NeoNode; 06-07-2007 at 02:58 PM.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    mate im a dealer, i just got a civic sport for the Mrs and i wouldnt let her get one if it was a lemon, its a good car, go buy a commodore and u will know about things that go wrong!
    I also just sold her brother a new Civic Type R too!

Just be patient and when u get it enjoy it!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic VTI-L
    I just picked up my new 07 Civic VTI-L yesterday, no issues just yet

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Gen 2
    damm car sales men!

But seriously the civic is a decent car, better than most of the competition!

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    I got Windows problem on my 10k service, before that (and at the moment as well) it was fine. You practically cant do anything about the ratling. but overall its still a good car for me... hey, nothing is perfect rite?

from my experience, the rattling noise is usually a loose heatshield or exhaust. if its the heatshield, all you need is a torque wrench to tighten it up right. but if its something else thats rattling, then i can't help you, lol. *tries to remove bird that jumped in exhaust*

i wish my parents would be willing to fork out half a car for me, but they already did that twice for me. first half was a toyota camry with 3 busted engine mounts, a corroded third gear synchro (stupid toyota gear oil), etc. second was my current ed6 civic, came free with a blown head, busted water pump, half assed carburettor, and shockingly rusted springs. so far, only managed to fix the busted water pump and blown head, and that cost more than half of what the car cost. might follow the forum carb mods and go aftermarket suspension, but its a pretty decent car now.

EDIT: nvm about my solution to the rattling, just read the other thread.
    Last edited by SeverAMV; 06-07-2007 at 05:31 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda
    ive had my civic since april last year... not a single problem since then.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    Totally agree, all our Hondas are competitive in thier markets and you have to compare apples with apples. Even the market leader Toyota has flaws with some of thier vehicles. I guess you guys may not understand where im coming from until you experiece the problem for your self but I can tell you minor things like power windows not winding up is nothing. All you really need to do is lubricate them or there is a fix but thats my secret. Buy a holden Astra drive it for a few years, put some kms on it and see if that is better than a civic.

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    mate im a dealer, i just got a civic sport for the Mrs and i wouldnt let her get one if it was a lemon, its a good car, go buy a commodore and u will know about things that go wrong!
    I also just sold her brother a new Civic Type R too!

Just be patient and when u get it enjoy it!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Vti
    I've got a window problem. But that's about it. everything else is sweet.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Civic Vti-L
    Quote Originally Posted by match View Post
    man the car will arrive in 2 weeks and i just found out that the civic has alot of problems from this forum. ie window stucked, CD screwed up, rattling noise, boot is not working... wat the hell!!!! wat should i do??? tried so hard to convince my mom to help me pay half of the loan for the civic instead of the yaris .... extra 6k....
    Look at this way mate, most people post because they have some issues, people with no issues rarely say about it. Its like your are telling everyone you bought a car with no problem, everywhere, everyday, people might think you are stupid, but instead, if you ran into some issues, then u'll start bagging about it right?

If out of 10000 people bought the car, and 50 people report problems and you read them, it feels like everyone is having the issues.