Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '08 Odyssey Lux
    gotta say...
    i've had my car for 3 weeks now...
    it's only done 7700kms but i'm loving it... hehehe
    raced a wrx the other day..
    killed him in first and second gear.. but third just didn't do it for me..

anyways..
    i reckon it's a very good mod prospect..
    the Spoon Sports boss said it was going to be the "poor man's racer"
    gotta say i agree with the guy..

anyways....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    hey buddy
    congrats on the new car

i reckon u should make a lil project of your own with your jazz.. it'll be fun!

start with that CF bonnet :P (before someone else takes it)

oh yeh we better meet up one day really soon, i wanna drive the jazz..

Member Array
    Car:
    '08 Odyssey Lux
    true bro.. true..

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Killed a WRX in a Jazz ? :|
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    '08 Odyssey Lux
    yeah.. looked like he had a big night..
    it was a saturday morning btw..
    wrx's 3rd gear is the gun gear.. so he would have shot off anyway

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    1st i could understand maybe

but second?? was he trying
    ive got a jazz - 5spd manual and ive gone against a '99 rex and wasnt even close.
    have you got the cvt7 speed?? reason being is that when i went to buy my jazz the guy told me the first 2 gears were sort of like 1st gear in a manual but i havent driven one so cant say exactly.

anyways if you want to know anything about a jazz jus-10 is the man to talk to (kind of like a jazz god - he knows everything!) and if you want parts tanghy is your man.

Pete

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    wouldn't be surprised if 1st 2 gears are similar to 1st gear in manual.
    after all, with 7-speed, the ratios must be pretty close and no point having such close ratios in higher revs too.

but i dont have an auto so i'm only guessing

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Pfft...the '7-speed' is nothing but a gimmick. It doesn't have 7 gears....it is a CVT gearbox (constantantly variable transmission) which effectively means it has infinate gear ratios. The 'gears' are just a technical wonder to make you think it has different ratios.

Put in normal drive mode and accelerate....watch the tacho and it will just rev constantly without dropping back as it will never change gears...the car will just keep accelerating maintaining constant revs.

As for the Jazz being a mod prospect, well I guess to an extent it is, so long as you remember that it was never designed to be a performance car. That said, I managed to keep up with a gen 4 VTi-R Prelude twice and all I had was a filter.

You seem to be able to get reasonable gains from basic mods like air filter, exhaust and a nice tune with something like a V-AFC 2 or e-Manage. There isn't really much else worth doing to it, and even extractors at around $900 have to be given a lot of thought. It is a lot of money for only a couple of extra kws.

Your other option would be a K20/24 swap. The K24 would be pushing it for engineering purposes I would think, but the torque would be amazing in such a small car. I have been speaking to a few guys about this, and whilst the engine bay in the Jazz is quite small, apparently the K20 block bolts in quite easily. It's just a matter of whether you can justify the massive price for a Type R version of the K20.

I have found someone that will do the conversion, but it all comes down to the money..

now I'm ranting

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    what car is the k24 from?? prelude?

if you dont mind me asking how much were you quoted for the conversion? was it for a k20 or a k24 conversion?

Pete

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Sp00n's Jazz has manual transmission..

K24 is from the CRV and Accord Euro

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Didn't get talking price on the conversion...just spent a while speculating over fitment, etc. Obviously it can be done (see the Dynamite) and rumour has it there is a Blue one in QLD with a K20.

Price wise, if you were going to go for a K20 (Type R) you would be looking at about $15,000. You could pick up a CR-V K24 dirt cheap compared to that and whilst it has only 118kw or so, it would have potential. You could always go for a lesser tuned version of the K20 like something out of the garden variety Teg.

It will also be interesting to see what engines come out in the next generation Civic as perhaps that may offer some sort of compromise betwen the L15 and the big hitting K20/24. The next CTR is supposed to have a hi-po 1.5...

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    LOL
    just leave the engine as it is since Honda engine is too expensive.
    Jazz is Jazz. Good little car.