Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by luzinit";p="107305
    thats exactly it coladuna... ON PAPER, this car is faster than that.... but in real life, things are alot different.... manual jazz is quoted as 9.5 seconds 0-100 btw.
    jus-10 isnt claiming every jazz vti-s will beat every 4th gen prelude out there... hes just saying that they are faster then you would have think.. so please.. chill! btw a blue eg 55kw atw, and gsi 67kw atw have both taken on my 75kw atw civic..... on paper, who did u think would win??
    Nope. Never seen Jazz 0-100 time being as quoted anything below 10 seconds.
    Besides, he even refused to accept that other driver wasn't trying or that he was a crappy driver. He seem to be claiming that other driver tried his best and he wasn't a crap driver and he was still able to keep up with him.
    Also, your example isn't really relevant here because the power difference between a Prelude & Jazz is a lot more than the power difference between a Civic and Integra.

140+kW vs. 81kW

Even if the other driver was crap, it's hard to lose to a Jazz in a Prelude.
    It's more likely that he didn't even try either.

Also, let me remind you that I never tried to say that Jazz is crap or anything like that. I do think Jazz is a great little car and my sister almost bought one recently because I recommended it to her. However, it's pretty ridiculous how some people here think that Jazz can beat much more powerful cars. It's funny enough that you try to drag race Jazz in the first place. Not saying that Jazz is underpowered or anything like that either. It was pretty zippy for a little car, but you people go to extreme.

quote of the century
    raced a wrx the other day..
    killed him in first and second gear.. but third just didn't do it for me..
    :lol:

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    oh this is gonna be fun.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    140+kW vs. 81kW

u miss out a + after 81kw mate
    y not track with a Jazz. People do track with a Jazz in Sdyney and the time is even better than ITR.
    ITR will win predule even ITR only got 108kw with IHE. The figure is just a figure.
    I own civic and ITR b4. I am sure ITR is faster than Jazz a lot with the same driver which is me. However, I am sure more mod will release later to make it runs better

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeG";p="107350
    140+kW vs. 81kW

u miss out a + after 81kw mate
    Why would you put + for Jazz?
    Jazz's power output is 81kW. Not more, not less.
    With 4th gen Prelude, I wrote 140+kW because [acronym:afa204effc="Australian Domestic Market"]AUDM[/acronym:afa204effc] will be 142kW while [acronym:afa204effc="Japanese Domestic Market"]JDM[/acronym:afa204effc] will be 147kW.

y not track with a Jazz. People do track with a Jazz in Sdyney and the time is even better than ITR.
    Yeah right. That makes sense. Did Michael Schumacher drive the Jazz while a 10 yr old kid drove the ITR?

ITR will win predule even ITR only got 108kw with IHE. The figure is just a figure.
    I hope you are quoting the power at the wheel because ITR has 141kW at the flywheel and much lighter than Prelude, which is why ITR is faster than Prelude. If you were quoting 108kW as in at flywheel, you got your stuff all mixed up.

I own civic and ITR b4. I am sure ITR is faster than Jazz a lot with the same driver which is me. However, I am sure more mod will release later to make it runs better
    And your point being? Any car will run faster if you pour money into it.
    Besides, Jus-10's signature states that his only mod is CAI. As if CAI will make that much difference. They make very little difference, if any, to performance anyway.[/quote]

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    hey boys n girls,

first things first - calm down.

at the chance of getting my head ripped off too i would like to TRY and sit on the fence for this one. I can see where both jus-10 and the guy who raced the wrx are coming from and i can aslo see where coladuna is coming from ( i think :?).

so here is my 2 cents take it or leave it:

all the cars coladuna has compared on paper and yes i myself as a jazz owner agree that on paper the jazz is not the winner of any performance contest AND as a jazz owner i have also raced a wrx and been beaten ( i have yet to race a prelude - my friend owns a jap spec so i can put it on the cards if anyone needs a second opinion :wink: )

anyway i also believe what both justin and the guy who raced the wrx have said
    because with what i have heard also about the cvt 7 speed it could of beaten the wrx off the line in first and second and this could have happened to because of a thousand reasons and whatever it may have been the jazz got the upper in 1st and 2nd and when the wrx hit 3rd off it went

with the jazz an the prelude i would also believe that the jazz kept up with the prelude. how far in front or how far behind justin didnt say but he did say he kept up (NOTE that he did NOT say that he BEAT it). and for me if i was a car length in front or a car length behind i would call it about even or KEEPING UP. i dont know where the jazz was exactly in relation to the prelude or how long the race went for but it is certainly viable.

so anyway that is my 2 cents and as i said take it or leave but just calm down pls

Pete

jazz can be very quick....
    anyone follow the hk comic GT-Racing?
    the JAZZ wooped the R32 ass !!! hahaahah
    amazing

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    The Jazz is a great little car. Do they make them for men?

Hard to believe you killed a WRX with almost double your power, launching with four wheels.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Keep this on topic bois. any keyboard wars can be taken to PMs.

anyways, i just watched BMI's [acronym:5ac1124e58="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:5ac1124e58] Club...and in it, the Spoon Fit (aka Jazz) was taken for a test by Hattori and Tsuchiya, with Ichimisan (sp!?!) watching closely.

Well, Hattori and Tsuchiya both commented saying that the base Fit isn't a true sports car, however can be modified to be a true racing/sports car. The modification magnitude included stirpping the car bare, with only a bucket seat, dash and mechanical add-ons dat wouldnt fit anywhere else outside of the car.

So, to answer the question.topic at hand, yes the Jazz has a realistic prospect for mods.

ps. Watch the [acronym:5ac1124e58="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:5ac1124e58] Club bois. U'll love it!!

Newcomer Array
    quote of the month...

Quote Originally Posted by XXpl0Sive";p="107388
    The Jazz is a great little car. Do they make them for men?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    The non Honda
    ^^^^jm9383 Can't you get over it and stop trying to shit stir.
    Is there any reason why people are trying to be sexiest I never knew there was such thing as a man/woman’s car thanks for enlightening me cause I always thought it was personal preference.

I love the little jazz's mad looking car with plenty of potential ....

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    lol
    some prel driver is here try to continue the keyboard war.
    anywany, just let how section clear please and begin in yr own section.

Jazz is for me since I believe the people in Spoon are all or mostly male.
    also make chicks drive prel too as my gf do like it since it look GXY

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I didn't read all the posts since my little outburst to coladuna, but I made my peace with him and accept that I was out of line (to an extent). Sorry if I started a keyboard war...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dillusional about the performance of the Jazz, but obviously people like Spoon know what they're doing, so who am I to argue? So yes it has modding potential....

I also don't think it's appropriate to make statements referring the Jazz to being a girls car. I mean civics are driven by plenty of girls and I'm pretty sure I've heard the prelude being referred to as a bit of a 'hairdressers' car....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the Jazz owners here are male too.....

Mod away fellow Jazz owners and stray from the norm....there's nothing like being a bit different from the rest!