Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi,

I'm not actually a honda owner, my car is actually a pulsar sss. However I'm about to transplant an sr20ve (neovvl - think vtec) engine into it and I need some one to tune it. I thought you guys might have some ideas on who i can talk to for the best results with a vtec hi-ish compression (11.5:1) engine. Im hoping for around 110-120fwkws once its tuned. Of course, thats all motor.

I just thought id do a bit of a speel for people who havent heard of the VE. The engines put out around 140kw at the flywheel but respond very well to mods. Unlike the Teggy Type R engines, they arent any where near tuned to the limits as a stock engine combo. They are pretty much an unknown quantity here in oz, and are only starting to be worked on overseas. Soon we hope to have our 1st aftermarket camshaft avaiable. Unfortunatly for us, being a new engine means there arent many products available, but at least its something a bit different i suppose!

Anyways thanks in advance

Cheers
    -Gary

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Are you on pulsar.org?

I suggest you get in contact with http://www.missnismo.com/ (she has since taken the info about her last car off the site). She used to own a transplanted SR20VE.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Redline Motorsports <- Dyno Dave

Yes I know about her car, yes I am a member of the pulsar group. Hers was a very basic example though. Just a basic transplant.

Im going Fujitsubo extractors, 3" exhaust, Greddy Emange ecu, Greddy MSS for Vtec controlling, Lightened flywheel, Nismo lsd, brass button clutch etc etc. Thats just stage 1. I will be doing all the work bar the [acronym:b6196b9b84="Limited Slip Differential"]LSD[/acronym:b6196b9b84] into the gearbox and the tuning of course

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    contact dynodave on these forums as said!

Thanks, will do!

speak to Adrian at Toda, very very knowledgeable guy, bit of a woos when it comes to beer i heard tho?

As for ur pulsar engine, its kinda dissappointing to see nissan still not upping the game, at 2 litres ur benchmark engine is the New Type R engine at 2 litres displacement and 160+ kws better luck next time :P

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    THe SR20VE is a lot older than the K20A! But it was up there till the F20C came out

well we will see how good the nissan NA range is when they delete all the turbo engines, btw check out BMI, sif 350z is any good haha

I didnt post this message to start some honda vs nissan shit slinging match so take it else where please. The sr20ve was never meant to be a type r contender. Its sold in family cars, traditionally if you wanted power from a nissan you went the turbo route

hmmm a nissan driver telling a honda driver to take it elsewhere on ozHONDA.com lolz neither am i mate, it was all in friendly joke, but if u cant hack it, its cool, try out nissiansilvia.com or skylinesaustralia for a joke, they will get ya laughing

750whp just exhaust, cooler, turbs and ecu bro...Sick Re, my cousin ahmed can make 900 :P

Yes theres plenty of lamers driving nissans too ill admit. anyway i found out what i needed to know this thread can be locked i suppose