installing crossovers in ek1

where does everyone install their crossovers? i am wanting to put my in, but want to keep it as stock as possible too, i have seen them installed into the bottom storage area in the door trim, but i think i would have to drill holes for the wires then and i wanted to keep it stock. does anyone have any other places where it can be accesses easily without having to drill holes for wires etc? or is that the only place pretty much?

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by gbang007 View Post
    where does everyone install their crossovers? i am wanting to put my in, but want to keep it as stock as possible too, i have seen them installed into the bottom storage area in the door trim, but i think i would have to drill holes for the wires then and i wanted to keep it stock. does anyone have any other places where it can be accesses easily without having to drill holes for wires etc? or is that the only place pretty much?
    its depends where do you want to install your tweeter ? if you are thinking to install it in the triangle where the mirror is, I reckon its better to install it in the door then you dont need to drill any holes, just try to undo the original grommet that should be a room to run your speaker cable, but if you are thinking to put the tweeter on top of your dash then its better to put the Xover under the dash or just down the bottom section of you Headunit in front of your gear stick

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    myn is sittin inside the door
    hidden away

wif my stock speaker covers stil on
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    dunno whr i installed is it a good idea or not, but basically i tied it up with those snap on wires (think plastic that u thread through a holw, one way only)

Anyway for the passenger i just placed it behind the glove box (must take glove box out and there is a thick steal bar, just tie it there.

As for the drivers, same bar but located behind the stearing wheel and above the pedal
    See a good post..... Then do one even better

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    screwed it to the door

take ur door trim off and look behind it and think where u can place the crossover so when u put ur trim back on it wont hit the cross over

easy

i much prefer screws over cables ties or double sided tape
    i assure myself its there to stay and wont ever fall down or break off

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    cable ties are quick and easy and no screwing involved, plus if properly done i doubt it can cause any trouble.

differences of opinions really
    See a good post..... Then do one even better

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    did u guys amp the crossovers? or just run them off the headunit?

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EJ8 Civic Coupe
    i amp mine. better quality than headunit.

Hi guys, I have bought 2 pairs of splits (1 is 5" and 1 is 6") for my ek1 sedan (orginally front 6", rear 6x9"). I have no idea of how to put the split at the rear because it used to run 6x9". Any ideas please?

Also I have one amp of 4 channel 60w x 4. I am looking for a sub because splits have no bass. Can I run a pair of splits at the front by the headunit since I do not have enough channel to run all the component? Will it sound good? If I can, how should I wire the splits and the tweeter to the headunit (ie wire to front wiring or rear wiring of headunit)?

Thanks and I hope it make sense to everyone.

run the front with the amp...
    run the rear with the H/U because they are just rear fills... use fader if u have to
    and for the sub bridge the last two channel.
    easy