n how much r they?

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    where can u get skunkies?
    n how much r they?
    they're currently $600US with $150US delivery, which is around 850-900-ish AU all up, which is fairly cheap. the link to the ebay store is...
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/JDM-IN-STOCK-Store

skunk2 racing do a lot of honda racing in america apparently so they should be good.

EDIT: note that skunkies use your factory mounts, whereas TEINs would come with a pillow ball mount.

EDIT2: just read your siggy. electric turbos are p plate friendly but not car friendly. if you're talking about the force flow electric intake charger, it works perfectly fine... for an hour, at which point it shuts itself off because your battery dies and has to be recharged. if you run two heavy duty alternators, then theres no probs. you also have to risk the quality of the turbine. 27500rpm is pretty fast for an electric turbine, but if its fragile, you wouldnt want that shattering and taking your motor with it.
    Last edited by SeverAMV; 14-08-2007 at 08:40 PM.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeverAMV View Post
    they're currently $600US with $150US delivery, which is around 850-900-ish AU all up, which is fairly cheap. the link to the ebay store is...
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/JDM-IN-STOCK-Store

skunk2 racing do a lot of honda racing in america apparently so they should be good.

EDIT: note that skunkies use your factory mounts, whereas TEINs would come with a pillow ball mount.

EDIT2: just read your siggy. electric turbos are p plate friendly but not car friendly. if you're talking about the force flow electric intake charger, it works perfectly fine... for an hour, at which point it shuts itself off because your battery dies and has to be recharged. if you run two heavy duty alternators, then theres no probs. you also have to risk the quality of the turbine. 27500rpm is pretty fast for an electric turbine, but if its fragile, you wouldnt want that shattering and taking your motor with it.
    lol i know, electric turbos are .. ughh ..
    bt meh its still interesting lol -.-"

do u kno where i can get skunkies in australia.. or like HEAPS of aftermarket parts IN australia?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    i dont think you can get skunkies in any other way in australia other than getting it shipped from the ebay seller. he's selling it for $200US less than retail so its not too bad.
    as for aftermarket parts, i wouldnt know. i've built my car from ebay, and im not about to stop now =P
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by blazin206 View Post
    Hey Muzz Im looking for some advice can ya clear ya inbox so I can pm you regardign these Koni yellows from the US
    Done

do u kno where i can get skunkies in australia.. or like HEAPS of aftermarket parts IN australia?
    Theres heaps of places in australia that you can get parts, just expect to pay a good chunk extra compared to importing the same products from the US.

For example, my shocks cost me $690 AU to get them sent from the US. Over here the average cost of the same shocks is around $950 AU. And thats was with a weaker exchange rate than the current rate.

If the skunk2s are $600 US + $100 US shipping, thatd work out around $833 AU. In australia, the cheapest youd find these skunk 2 coilovers would be $1300 AU+

lol ill just adjust spring rates ... i just want a lowered car and at the same time get comfortable ride (cruise speeds) and not wear tyre.
    Then you definatly do not want d2s with 11kg fr, 5kg r, spring rates. your car will be uncomfy and harsh. You cant "adjust" spring rates, you need to buy a completly new set of springs on top of the coilovers.

With suspension its a comprimise between comfort and performance, the d2s are aimed at performance, not a comfortable ride, and as you say you just want to go lower and have a comfortable ride.

Your best option is to order a good shock/spring combo from the US using shocks like KYB agx, tokico illuminas, and koni sports, and springs like tein, h&r, eibach, koni, k-mac etc.

Youll get a much better comprimise, a comfortable and well performing lowered ride, compared to using a set of coilovers.
    Last edited by Muzz; 14-08-2007 at 11:54 PM.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    If the skunk2s are $600 US + $100 US shipping, thatd work out around $833 AU. In australia, the cheapest youd find these skunk 2 coilovers would be $1300 AU+
    actually, i dont think skunk2 racing have a distributor in australia. i think they're US only.

and skunk2 pro-s coilovers should be as comfortable as a spring and shock combo, as they are designed for the street twisties. the pro-c series will make your butt hurt tho.

but yeah, for a lowered look, springs and shocks.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    How does the Skunk2 coilovers compare to the Tein SS and Buddy Club N+? I want to upgrade the suspension on my DC5R, I'm mostly concerned about handling improving and maybe be able to lower my car by 1"-1.5".

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    skunk2 and tein ss are on the lower end of the scale, mostly for street use...
    skunk2 coils arent damper adjustable, just height, and tein ss arent firm enought for me
    buddy club are way more expensive and mostly used for track racing...however if u can put up with the very harsh ride they are ok for street

i've got D2 coilovers in mine and i use the stiffest damper setting, on the street its not that bad, but i do like the firmer ride...

Skunk2 are great as long as you don't need damper adjustable. They're low as hell on 15's and the ride isn't TOO bad. With my 17's it was alot worse.

Mine cost 1000
    The CSS Gallery List - Website Submission Made Easier

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Klayemore View Post
    Skunk2 are great as long as you don't need damper adjustable. They're low as hell on 15's and the ride isn't TOO bad. With my 17's it was alot worse.

Mine cost 1000
    haha, well essentially, skunk2 is a decent coilover kit for newbies to suspension tuning. they come with decent preloaded spring rate and damper settings, made for the smooth streets of america. now if only streets were that smooth downunder...

you get around 4inches to play with for ride height. skunk2 use high performance conventional shocks, so if you decide to thrash it over an extremely bumpy surface, lets say sideways over a stony rally-ish pathway, you run the risk of the shocks bottoming out on you, just as if you were using kyb. but hey, its effectively cheaper than buying new springs and shocks combo, and its more adjustable than most spring and shock combos.
    if you wanna steer away from conventional shocks, fork out the extra 500+ for the TEINs or go buddyclub (dont know buddyclub prices). but for streets and windies, cant realy go wrong with skunk2

EDIT: quoted wrong person, my bad.