Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    we refer to the first timer here , ie MUZZ

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    we refer to the first timer here , ie MUZZ
    Ah..In which case you will also need a Breaker bar, Hammer, chisel, some band aids and a telephone nearby to call for help.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Hehe, i used the last band aid after cutting myself stripping the interior yesterday lol.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    muzz let me know how the groudn control feels might get that sometime down the track but for now sticking to my eibach's
    Team SpeedStar

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EK
    I've been looking at some coilovers by PIC Performance, which has received some good reviews over in the states, all up it looks like its going to cost me around AUD$1,000 shipped.

Has anyone heard of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    Hehe, i used the last band aid after cutting myself stripping the interior yesterday lol.
    Wear gloves - seriously...

Tips:
    1) Watch for the recoil when taking out the springs
    2) Observe where the washers go - Koni's usually provide new washers, use them.
    3) Watch that you set the correct perch height on the Konis
    4) If it doesn't bolt it, don't force it...you probably have the angle wrong. Take out and redo.
    5) Tighten the top bolt last, so you can adjust the angle of the shock and when tightening the top bolt, load the shock and spring.

Are you using Koni's at all?

good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post

Or even better, ground control coilovers with custom rate eibach springs.
    Just got mine shipped from the states for $454 (rember it would now be cheaper with the current exchange rate), so $1144 all up for my Koni/custom ground control setup, Probably $1100 with the better current exchange rate. This would be cheaper by $55 or so if i went with ground controls "off the shelf" rates, instead of custom spring rates.

I vote for the bellow, ITS IN YOUR BUDGET

thats my setup - wont be able to drive it until saturday as i have to get a wheel alignment - will review afterwards
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by FR33K View Post
    thats my setup - wont be able to drive it until saturday as i have to get a wheel alignment - will review afterwards
    Well, not really...for Double Wishbones, the alignment isn't really that affected as compared to a mcpherson strut ehrn you swap shocks.

If you drive it now, you'd probably find the alignment to be OK. Seriously, I've been swapping between shocks and have actually never gone for a wheel alignment, well, I'll just check the toe and camber myself with a string and ruler but they seem quite stable.

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    forgot to mention that i also installed a camber kit :P
    so everything is out and the car goes nuts on the road lol
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD

*Agrees*
    ive gone thru about 6 different varieties of shock combos over teh last few years and never had a alignment done. Only , because the HEIGHT remainded the same/similar.

IF you drastically alter the ride height OR have hit a few potholes or bumps etc , its best to get an alignment to keep you TOE in spec. Saves tyres

Quote Originally Posted by FR33K View Post
    forgot to mention that i also installed a camber kit :P
    so everything is out and the car goes nuts on the road lol
    Oooo...Camber Kits...Pics?

Here's my spherical bearing rear camber from mFactory

Here's one of my set of shocks

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    I have a similar type at the rear - awesome adustment

FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD