Threaded View

Civic 06 Aux input installation guide

Hey guys,

I hope I'm not duplicating anything here, and that this is the right forum to post it in.

I just installed an AUX input into the stereo system in my Civic 06 VTi-L, and took a whole heap of photos, so I wrote some instructions to go with it, and put it all into a PDF file.

I couldn't attach it here because of the size restrictions, so I chucked it on to my site - download it at:
    http://driveactivated.com/files/ftpu...06auxguide.pdf

Because of all the pics and all, it's about 2MB.

Hope it helps someone out! I'd be happy to answer any questions if you have any.

Sam

UPDATE (11/7/2007): Hmm, I might have stuffed up the grounding pin - the sound sounds funny if I use the headphone output on my MP3 player, but ok if I use the line out. Will do some more investigating there...

UPDATE (17/8/2007): Turned out the 'issue' was due to my crap soldering to the socket. There's no issue with the connection to the system itself, as per the instructions in the pdf above.

UPDATE (13/02/2011): Updated the guide with a fix for the sound quality issues. See this post for more details.
    Last edited by samuel337; 13-02-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: fixed an issue with the guide.