Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc5 R :D

dc5 cams selection

hi...

how u guys think Brian Crower 304 degree spec 3 cams compare to toda A2, IPS, budyclub cams??giv me some advise pls, before i was told to purchase Toda A2 cam but now i got a good deal for the crower cams (1.1k+ for cams,valve spring and retainer)...

second Q, i can't really understand wat's dual valve springs??it doesn't say it's stainless steel...is that poor staff??
    Last edited by X8TEENX; 10-07-2007 at 06:35 PM.

I had some buddyclub cams on my current dc2r but I recon they were worst than stock, down low they were so laggy, I had Adrian swap them for toda cams and I haven't looked back, go with the name people trust, go toda. My brother owns a dc5r and just installed toda headers and had his car tuned with hondata and it goes like a rocket now, next on his list is toda cams. So yeah I suggest toda you buy toda cams, yes there expensive but there worth every sent, why have anything other than the best, just make sure you tune your car after you install your cams.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    who tuned your car with the BC Cams ? and then who recommended you the toda cams ?
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    no one tuned that...i just plan to buy it from overseas...i think i will try to get toda A2 cams from overseas...since i can get it wholeset shipped for pretty good deal
    Last edited by X8TEENX; 11-07-2007 at 03:08 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    Not sure but I think A2 and A3 toda cams need ecu upgrade to work
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    so what cams would suit a dc5r?
    with these mods: toda headers 4-2-1
    hi flow cat, fujitsubo power getter
    CAI
    & hondata K-pro
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    U got the K-pro- get the A3 cams but they kill you fuel

Quote Originally Posted by JDM.Power View Post
    CAI
    & hondata K-pro
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Member Array
    Car:
    A2 is design mostly for street use, A3 designed for track, and Spec C designed for drag. (the seller telling me about tat, not sure how's it reliablility :P)

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM.Power View Post
    CAI
    & hondata K-pro
    i had pretty similar mod. as u did and i think i would go for A2,A3

Quote Originally Posted by zco View Post
    who tuned your car with the BC Cams ? and then who recommended you the toda cams ?
    I second these questions.

For BC cams not making power on a B series, I'd say that highly unlikely if not due to environmental factors (eg. condition of the car, driver, etc.). In any case, its irrelevant to this thread.

BC spec 3 cams seem to be quite quite good on K20A/2s. Heres a link to a dyno graph from one of the US guys.

http://www.clubitr.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=882

Take it with a grain of salt as US dynos read much differently from the Australian ones, however overall power graph is smooth and looks quite promising. When compared to Toda cams, they seem to hold their own very well, in some cases producing more peak power.

Do your research into what kind of power delivery you want - is it for streetability or for outright power? There are plenty of options around. Don't rule out Buddy Club just because of TegCrazy's waffle (if you've already done so) but have a read around at what results people are actually getting.

How much are you looking at spending when importing? Maybe try hitting up JDMYard and seeing if they can do you a better deal if you opt for the Buddy Clubs as their an official distributor.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    an equivalent to Toda A2 are the BuddyClub Spec 2 cams for the K20...
    i too have been looking at getting cams, and both the A2 and Spec 2 from BC i think don't need aftermarket ecu to work...(someone confirm please)

oh, and btw, Toda Spec C are awsome stuff...a dc5r with spec c vs me....i was like as if i was driving an automatic 4cyl family car...lol

Member Array
    Car:
    i think you need an aftermarket ecu for tuning, otherwise u can't gain too much on changing cams.

what's the price compare btw BC and toda??i though toda just a bit more than bc right...so i would prefer using TOda