Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazz comments

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    Specs below is from redbook (which i always take to be pretty accurate).
    Looks like CVT is more efficient for city driving, on the paper. my weekly mileage is around 6.4L so that's pretty much on the dot.

VTI-S CVT
    Fuel Consumption City 6L/100km
    Fuel Consumption Highway 5.2L/100km

VTI-S Manual
    Fuel Consumption City 6.4L/100km
    Fuel Consumption Highway 5.2L/100km

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wyl03";p="107409
    Coladuna - what are the specs on the C2?
    i saw 1 at neutral bay. it looked really nice.
    it's 3-dr isn't it?
    Yep, it's 3-door and quite a bit smaller than Jazz too.
    Boot is a lot smaller too so if you are after a practical car, stick with Jazz.
    Apprently, there's only 70 or so delivered in Australia due to the supply problem they are having.

Engine - 80kW or 83kW and 147Nm (Can't confirm which is correct figure. Every source says different things)
    Transmission - 5 speed clutchless manual (they call it SensoDrive)
    Some of the features I can think of are automatic headlight, wiper with rain sensor, 4 airbags, ABS, EBD, disc brakes all round, 16inch alloy wheel with low profile tyres, colour coded sports seats, 6 speaker CD player, climate control, front and rear fog lights, audio controls on steering stalk, electronic speed sensitive steering, trip computer, ventilated/chilled glove box etc....

Also, you can fold the rear seats much like Jazz although it's not as practical.
    Anyway, equipment-wise, you won't find any car with more equipment than C2 for similar price.

The choice would've been much harder if we didn't know the Jazz was going to be updated. We didn't want to end up with a new car and soon find it to be outdated.
    Also, service interval is 20,000km or 12 months, whichever is earlier. So even if it may cost a bit more to service, it'll actually even out or end up being cheaper because service interval is a lot longer.

Honda Australia had better make some good additions to the new Jazz's feature lists. I might buy one then as my first car. ( well the first car that i buy with my own money anyway)

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    On the power steering side of things as sp00n said, you can have some 'interesting' moments in car parks.

I don't know if any of you guys have this problem, but have you noticed how sometimes it sort of takes a second to make up its mind what you are actually doing? (I'm talking about driving slowly around car parks, or parking the car, etc) Like sometimes it is heavy and then all of a sudden it realises you are turning and then it kicks in and the steering goes light? It's like it's got steering lag or something? but when it kicks in you can twirl the steering wheel from lock to lock with the ball of your hand no probs.

It isn't a problem when driving on the road...it just has no feel/communication.

Kit are you looking to buy soon, or are you going to sit it out for the update? What are you doing with the 200?

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    Quote Originally Posted by coladuna";p="107364
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp00n";p="107287
    its better than any other car in that small car group...
    My sister chose Citroen C2 over Jazz VTi-S.
    Jazz was number 1 small car for me until I looked at C2.
    The only downside I can think of is that it's slightly noisy in the cabin compared to Jazz and not as roomy and practical as Jazz.
    Other than that, it's better equipped, better looking and handles better.
    I'm a Honda men but I was converted very quickly.
    Curious as to what will change when the new updated Jazz arrives later this year though.
    have you had any problems with the C2 so far? I hope you got a good one, rather than a dud one.

I will NEVER buy a car from the smaller euro manufacturers (alfa, citreon, peugeot etc).. they are simply unreliable and their factory service departments are terrible. (speaking from experience).

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Jus-10";p="107480
    Kit are you looking to buy soon, or are you going to sit it out for the update? What are you doing with the 200?
    I'm keeping the s15

its actually for my gf, she is looking to buy a new car, and she is thinking about the Jazz, Euro Accord, and perhaps even the new A3

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Interesting collection of cars....so different!

Anything in particular that she is looking for to justify the difference in price between the Jazz and the Euro and A3?

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    actually no, hahaha
    Jazz is my suggestion. but she likes the euro and the a3

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    hold on.. yes there is. she wants a sunroof!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit";p="107502
    have you had any problems with the C2 so far? I hope you got a good one, rather than a dud one.
    Of course not. Not a single problem and loving it. I thought Jazz VTi-S was good looking car before, but C2 kills it in that department

Quote Originally Posted by Kit";p="107502
    I will NEVER buy a car from the smaller euro manufacturers (alfa, citreon, peugeot etc).. they are simply unreliable and their factory service departments are terrible. (speaking from experience).
    Well, that's your personal experience. From my experience, Honda dealer service was as terrible as it gets and I never go to Honda dealer anymore to service my car. Also, it's a sort of myth that euro cars are unreliable. It's just that few people who have had problems telling everyone and blowing it out of proportion. If you heard some people talk, you'd think that if you bought an euro car, it'll break down every month or something. Although they have very small market share in Australia, both Citroen and Peugeot are one of the biggest selling car manufacturers in Europe and if they were indeed that unreliable constantly, they wouldn't sell so much of them there. They are not that cheap there either. C2 VTR is priced at slightly above 10,000 pound in UK, which ends up being similar to aussie price.

Also, you often hear people saying cars like BMW are not as reliable as cars like Honda. Sure, it may be true on a general basis, but my parents bought a BMW 3 series in late 97 and never had a single problem with it while my Honda Prelude had various problems in that same time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    yeah, beemers, audis and mercs are OK

but i simply cannot say the same thing for Alfa, Peugeot and Citroen. Ask any 147/156, 206/307, Xsara owner out there in Sydney, and you'll know what I mean
    quite a large % of the mentioned cars spend more time in the service department than on the road

lets just say i've spent alot of time on the phone with customer service managers and alot of time at service departments of a particular small european car manufacturer
    Just the other day actually, i told the customer service manager at the said company that I thought a $15,000 hyundai was more reliable
    regarding one of the cars mentioned earlier, I have not spoken to a single owner of one of them that hasn't had a problem with the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    colunda, i have to say tho, the citroen c2 is a great looking car

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit";p="107687
    yeah, beemers, audis and mercs are OK

but i simply cannot say the same thing for Alfa, Peugeot and Citroen. Ask any 147/156, 206/307, Xsara owner out there in Sydney, and you'll know what I mean
    quite a large % of the mentioned cars spend more time in the service department than on the road
    I did hear that Alfas aren't very reliable.
    Not so sure about Peugeot though. I had an impression that most people only had minor problems like rattles and stuff like that but nothing mechanical.
    I did look at Xsara in the showroom before and I must say that the build quality was very different to the recent crop of Citroens. Well, Xsara was released "I don't know how many years" ago.
    I guess I'm not in a position to say if the C2 will be reliable in the long term as we only had the car for about 3 weeks now. Well, fingers crossed that nothing will go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit";p="107687
    colunda, i have to say tho, the citroen c2 is a great looking car
    I got to drive it around few times and every time I went out, I get people staring at the car. At a set of traffic light, a group of 3-4 girls crossed the road and started talking among themselves pointing at the car. I guess most people don't even know that this car exists. :lol: It certainly turns heads though. I can vouch for that.