Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazz comments

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    yeah funny that, its not just the reliability, but the build quality and fit and finish of those cars too. Quite a few of the pugs have dodgy paint from the factory, and rattling yeah, everyone knows about those.

I know of a certain car (make and model witheld) that has been towed back to the factory on average of once a month lol!

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Pfft...the big euros can be just as bad. I had mysterious electrical gremlins in my new BMW, then there is the problem with cracks appearing in the sub-frames of manual cars...hmmm. Spend a bit of time going through something like e46fanatics.com and see all the niggling and sometimes big problems that come up on a regular basis. It will make you think twice before handing over your hard-earned $$$.

The build quality of the smaller euro brands is questionable. My parents have a 156 selespeed...hello problems! But if you start sticking to a 20,000km service schedule on any car, you are going to be faced with reliability problems in the long run...

With dealer satisfaction, it is like everything. You get good and bad. Come to my Honda dealer for servicing and you'll be a-OK!

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    which honda dealer is that?

i've been to trivett at parramatta over the years and thought they were pretty good. Nowdays only my mums CRV goes there, so I'm not sure if they are still good or not.

the other thing is, none of my own cars goto dealer servicing anymore, having your own mechanic you can trust is much better!

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I go to Larke Hoskins at Homebush....nice guys there and they actually seem to care and know what they're doing!

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    Larke Hoskins in Homebush? are you serious? I haven't been happy with them at all in the past
    the salesmen there are so cheezy too...

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    The salesmen are friggen stupid....they wouldn't even let me have a test drive of a civic! Most aren't too familiar with the English language either...

The service department is better though, and the service manager is a good guy...had some pretty good conversations with him...

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    mate one of the saleman there, (whom i have dealth with in the past as well and have come to the conclusion that he is full of sh!t), wouldn't even let me test drive the jazz! and we were serious about buying too

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    what a loser.
    Don't even go there again.
    People like that don't deserve your business.
    Some idiots like that seem to think that they are doing US a favour when selling cars. They should be trying to impress the customer and win their business, not have "if you want to buy, but. if you don't want to, piss off" attitude.

If you were in Brisbane, I'd have recommended you to go to Southside Honda.
    Well, you are not in Brisbane so.. :roll:
    The people there are very caring and kind.
    They are No.1 Honda dealer in Australia, so it speaks for itself.

I'll also chip in a good word for the Trivett Honda guys - couple of months back, I just walked in there, looked like an idiot but they still threw me the keys to a brand spanker VTi manual. At the end, I've bought a Mini instead of the Jazz as it's a complete disappointment compared to what my EK hatch.

Things I liked about the Jazz - heaps of room, flexible rear seat arrangement, clear vision all round.

What I hated - the steering is feather weight (I thought the Civic was bad), the shift isn't too reassuring, the clutch feels too damn soft, heaps of bodyroll when I cornered (if you know the way behind Trivett, there's plenty of sharp corners for doing stupid things) and the engine is a bit of a disappointment.

(on a different note: what I hated in the Jazz is fixed up in the Mini while what I liked in the Jazz doesn't exist in the Mini)

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    Slowcrx, let me know how the mini goes, I have heard many stories of things requiring warranty repairs on the mini... one of the reasons I'm not considering the jazz over the mini right now.

Not sure if it's just me or not, all of my Euro cars comes with all sorts of headaches. The Mini so far had a airbag wiring problem but besides that, it's sweet. Other possible problems includes crack windscreen due to the stiff chassis, dodgy wheel alignment pointing to the left, squeaky interior panels (mine's just the rear speaker mesh, some owners have issues from every single panel in the Mini) and if you wanna know, one particular Cooper S I know of suddenly caught fire and burn the whole front end down in 10 minutes. Try http://www.mini2.com/ and take a peek at other problems I forgot to mention.

If you are interested in getting a Mini, put the purchase off until the facelift comes about either later in the year or next year as it's suppose to have ironed out all of the problems as well as a better looking front and rear bar. The Xenon headlights suppose to be updated too with a machine gun thing that looks fairly nice.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    yeah thats what i thought, cos some people assumed that just cos the mini is built by BMW, its gonna be good and reliable, but i think its proving that its not the case.