Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazz comments

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    Out of curiosity .. if i decide to repain the whole car to a totally different colour (say from Black to White or Yellow), will that in any way affect the warranty or resale value of the car?

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    With regards to warrant, I would say that it would depend on how far you go with regards to removing panels, engine, etc. My guess is Honda probably wouldn't be too keen.

As for resale, generally speaking, it wouldn't be a good thing but then it depends on the overall job. People are often wary when the car has been resprayed because it may have been in an accident.

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    that makes sense .. thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    Speaking of petrol ...

i drove down to Canberra last friday. Was interested to see how the Jazz handled the open freeway.

2 things struck me:

1. During the morning drive, it was *very* windy over the southern highlands. I had to make an effort to keep the Jazz at a straight line! Not that it was difficult to drive but it just didn't feel "sturdy" in the high winds. The tall-ish body doesn't help. During the drive back to Syd, it was a calm night and I didn't have this problem.

2. Fuel consumption. I thought I would get an improved mileage but I was disappointed.
    - I usually average around 6.3~6.5L/100km during my weekly city start-stop driving.
    - Driving down to Canberra, I was averaging around 110kmh. Fuel consumption went up to 6.9L/100km.
    - Driving back to Syd, I was averaging around 100kmh. Fuel consumption went back to 6.4~6.5.

Under no circumstances did I attain 5.+L/100km that was quoted for highway-driving for this car.

I'm guessing that you can only get 5.+/100km if you drive around 70~80 (on a 110 highway) .. thereby posing a hazard to other drives!! doh ..

SO .. to me (at least), the optimum mileage & speed & safety compromise is achieved at around 100kmh ..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by wyl03
    1. During the morning drive, it was *very* windy over the southern highlands. I had to make an effort to keep the Jazz at a straight line!
    I found that too. But I found that driving any old car, big or small, and even a truck. Having said that, it can get VERY windy sometimes..

Quote Originally Posted by wyl03
    Under no circumstances did I attain 5.+L/100km that was quoted for highway-driving for this car.
    Weird, I get that kind of figure all the time (usually only where highway driving is involved. Sometimes I can even get lower - twice now I've gotten 4.6L/100km driving into work in the city after filling up (ie. engine already warm)

Driving at 100km/h definitely uses less fuel than 110km/h, but I also find that the following affects the consumption noticeably:
    * windy conditions
    * underinflated tyres
    * crap petrol (I only use mobil now)
    * driving through rain, wind, or hot weather,
    * lots of luggage or passengers
    * short trips
    * and finally, driving through mountains or hills.

The quoted figures are only really obtainable on long trips where the engine has had a chance to warm up. I get pretty close to the quoted 5.2L/100km on highways unless it is through lots of hills (in which case, coasting down the hill can help stop it climbing up to 6L/100km)

Side note: mine is an auto, not a manual, which makes it more fuel efficient in the case of the Jazz...

- Andrew

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    yep, winds will throw cars around, regardless of what car you are driving. it used to happen with my civic, it now happens on my 200sx.

about mileage, other factors such as how much the car has been run in, lubricants used, state of tune, all come into play.
    But as andrew said, the CVT will be more fuel economical.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I have no body roll now so if the wind was strong enough it would just blow me straight off the road.

Those petrol figures are really interesting. A few months Honda did a test with the Jazz and drove it from Melbourne to Sydney. It was a manual VTi-S from memory, with one passenger on board and the car travelled at the posted limit the whole with with normal driving (so no coasting, etc.)

The guy did the whole trip on 1 tank of petrol and still got around Sydney for 50km before he had to fill up.

I live in Strathfield and generally only drive to Crows Nest way via the city west link, or out to Carlingford way or Concord. I usually return about 6.0-6.2 lt/100km if I do a full tank of that sort of driving. If I throw in a trip out to Richmond say once a week or fornight, it generally drops to around 5.6lt/100km for the tank.

On a run up to the Hunter Valley with a full tank and 3 people on board I returned 5.3lt/100km.

I don't usually drive that hard and will tend to upshift at around 2700rpms. I think I have only red-lined it once, but I do have the occasional squirt to 6000rpms in 1st and 2nd.

wyl03 you figures sound strange....

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    my trip computer sits at somewhere betweeen 5.9-6.1L. If i change gears before 3000rpms which ive been doing alot lately it drops to around 5.6l and i notice the difference that my petrol does last me a lot longer than going somewhere near 4000rpm

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Jus-10
    I have no body roll now so if the wind was strong enough it would just blow me straight off the road.

Those petrol figures are really interesting. A few months Honda did a test with the Jazz and drove it from Melbourne to Sydney. It was a manual VTi-S from memory, with one passenger on board and the car travelled at the posted limit the whole with with normal driving (so no coasting, etc.)

The guy did the whole trip on 1 tank of petrol and still got around Sydney for 50km before he had to fill up.

I live in Strathfield and generally only drive to Crows Nest way via the city west link, or out to Carlingford way or Concord. I usually return about 6.0-6.2 lt/100km if I do a full tank of that sort of driving. If I throw in a trip out to Richmond say once a week or fornight, it generally drops to around 5.6lt/100km for the tank.

On a run up to the Hunter Valley with a full tank and 3 people on board I returned 5.3lt/100km.

I don't usually drive that hard and will tend to upshift at around 2700rpms. I think I have only red-lined it once, but I do have the occasional squirt to 6000rpms in 1st and 2nd.

wyl03 you figures sound strange....
    it was actually melbourne to sydney on $40 of fuel.

you can read about it on the Honda.com.au website

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Yeah that's the one.....thanks Kit.

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s

Member Array
    Car:
    Enzo
    I've notice that once you filled up.. the petrol will go up to say 12lt/km then drops all the way down to 3.7lt/km which i notice then if u drive in city it will go back up.. to say about 6.4lt/km, but if you drive highway it stays at 4.9km/h.. try it..
    "It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow."