Thread: amp help

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC

amp help

very noob question and mayb sound a bit stupid what im doing but i want to get an amp to just power my 4 speakers (dont want sub, not planning for sub in future) and was wondering, do i justget a 4 channel amp ? to power 4 speakers if so then what about the tweeters, do they get powered along with the speakers that they came with ? and last of all, what size can i fit into the 96 EK4 front and rear ? without cutting and modifying etc ?

thanks for any replies

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    yes,just get a 4ch amp,& yes the tweeters just parallel off thru a xover running with the same woofer they came with.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    wat 4chan u planning to get andy??
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    Quote Originally Posted by andiiso View Post
    very noob question and mayb sound a bit stupid what im doing but i want to get an amp to just power my 4 speakers (dont want sub, not planning for sub in future) and was wondering, do i justget a 4 channel amp ? to power 4 speakers if so then what about the tweeters, do they get powered along with the speakers that they came with ? and last of all, what size can i fit into the 96 EK4 front and rear ? without cutting and modifying etc ?

thanks for any replies
    your head unit must have 2 sets of rca plus for front and rear

with the tweeters, just get a set of component speakers so that comes with 2 speakers, 2 tweeters and 2 crossovers. u only need to plug this into your front RCA plugs in HU to the amp. as CRXer has pointed out, the tweeters and the speakers that it came with will be powered together via crossover.

so

2 front rca from HU to 2 front rca in amp
    2 rear rca from HU to 2 rear rca in amp

li'l TIPS on self-install:
    1. u need to separate the power cable(s) to the other cables. so if the power cables are running on the left side of the car, run the other cables on the right side of the car.
    2. keep the cable fuse as close to the battery as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FULSIKBOY2C23Q2NT2SXI4U
    only be putting the goood shizzle in dis dizzle, for grizzle mizzle!

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    ahkz cheers, the headunit i got says "3 RCA pre outs" and 2 way crossover HPF/LPF so according to
    "2 front rca from HU to 2 front rca in amp
    2 rear rca from HU to 2 rear rca in amp"
    wouldnt i need 4 ?

and yea no one seem to be able to answer my question about what size speakers should fit into an ek4 96 without cutting and modifying etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    no no, each preout is a pair. like front preout is left & rite, rear preout is also left & rite, same with the sub preout. so further explaining wat joeyboy said itll b front left & rite RCA to the left & rite input at the amp, and so on.

fronts: 6" - 6.5"
    rears: 6x9s
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    Quote Originally Posted by andiiso View Post
    ahkz cheers, the headunit i got says "3 RCA pre outs" and 2 way crossover HPF/LPF so according to
    "2 front rca from HU to 2 front rca in amp
    2 rear rca from HU to 2 rear rca in amp"
    wouldnt i need 4 ?

and yea no one seem to be able to answer my question about what size speakers should fit into an ek4 96 without cutting and modifying etc.
    3 rca pre-outs = GOOD. (as per above reply, each pre-out is x2....one for left and one for right. so in total u got 6). so one pre-out is FRONT, other is REAR, 3rd is SUB.

speakers for ek4 96....u dont have the stock on there at the moment? maybe u can just measure the size. fronts are normally 6" or 6.5". no big deal. i had 6" as stock for my accord and bought 6.5" and it still fit with no big dramas at all. my rears are 6x9s
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FULSIKBOY2C23Q2NT2SXI4U
    only be putting the goood shizzle in dis dizzle, for grizzle mizzle!

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    ah ic, thanks heapz, so its no big drama fitting 6 or 6.5inch into there. thats alot easier for my speakers choice.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    6.5 is ek front door size
    rear is 6x9
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"