Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So the OSRAM's are the brightest halogens on the market?

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    So the OSRAM's are the brightest halogens on the market?
    depends... i watched a video of lighting intensity and range graphs between Phillips/OSRAM.

Osram is whiter especially up close coz of where they did the blue filtering... range was just as long as the Phillips but not as intense at the furthest distance.

Phillips on the other had good intensity all round especially at the longer ranges... not as bright/white as the OSRAMS at close range/low beam... it's also yellow but less yellow than the Narva +50% which i had previously.

Also what i liked about the Phillips was the strength... they turned it on for 5mins and poured water on it and it survived... the OSRAM exploded... this is insignificant to most.. but for those with aftermarket housings that fog up and take in moisture are better to use the Extremes.

The only people i'd reccomend the OSRAMS to are those who absolutely have to have their White lights... their better than any blue coated light on the market including the Phillips Diamonds... however this is absed on my hours of research on pictures, reviews and videos on the net.

I will be ordering a set to see for myself.... i just don't want the hassle from the cops regarding ADR this and that... obviously there are significantly less chances of getting dogged around with the yellower Phillips... just my 2c
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Yeah with my Philips X-Tremes i don't have to worry about being pulled over, etc. because of the little yellow tinge. If it's too white & bluish, attracts a bit more attention

Personally, upgrading from Philips Vision Plus, you can obviously tell the improvement in the X-treme power, in intensity and range.

However, I think X-treme power is a very slightly whiter than VisionPlus...

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by slidetaker View Post
    Personally, upgrading from Philips Vision Plus, you can obviously tell the improvement in the X-treme power, in intensity and range.

However, I think X-treme power is a very slightly whiter than VisionPlus...
    the actual light on the road? coz my gfs bro has em and they look whiter in the housing...

but either way getting any of them from powerbulbs.com is cheaper than anywhere in Aus + you get the free Blue Vision Parkers
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    the actual light on the road? coz my gfs bro has em and they look whiter in the housing...

but either way getting any of them from powerbulbs.com is cheaper than anywhere in Aus + you get the free Blue Vision Parkers
    Yes. The actual light projected on road is very slightly whiter.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD
    For those of you that are wondering about the xtreme power, I just received mine and put it on the driver's side before deciding if it's better than my blue vision.

Check it out..

This is my headlights with BlueVision

And this one with Xtreme Power on the driver's side

It's clear to me that the Xtreme Power has got a higher intensity, but I'd still prefer to have the whiter BlueVision so I'll be giving this a pass.
    • FML •

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    I've been using the Phillips +80% bulbs, and I've got to say, they're the brightest halogen bulbs I have EVER used (and I've tried about 10+ different sets).

Member Array
    Car:
    Mazda 3
    Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    I've been using the Phillips +80% bulbs, and I've got to say, they're the brightest halogen bulbs I have EVER used (and I've tried about 10+ different sets).
    whered you get your bulbs from geeang? lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by DvS- View Post
    whered you get your bulbs from geeang? lol
    Autobarn, out of someone else's pockets

Yeah you can get the xtremes for a good price in Australia now, no need to get it from the UK

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD
    Really? When I went to the Autobarn here the guy told me they're selling it for $80.
    • FML •