Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CU2] CU2 recall, windscreen garnishes

Guys,

Just had a service done at GWS Honda (Oakleigh/VIC) and they've advised that there is a recall on the windscreen garnishes.

Basically they are prone to come off, I had my drivers side one replaced about a year ago, but this time they've re-fixed it on both sides (clips + glue).

I haven't received any correspondence in the mail, perhaps it might be a non official recall.

Mine is an 08/09 CU2 but I saw a facelift one there too with same repairs so I think it applies across both models.

Might be worthwhile to speak to your Honda dealership (they forward the charges back to Honda anyway so they wont mind).

Woot!! Mine are starting to come off, thought of gluing them back on but I've been too lazy.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Hmm surprised they havent mailed owners or put out a TSB
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

i asked and apparently theres no recall for mine

mines 2010 my11, i've seen my friend's facelift one rip off easily, but mines pretty firm!

Quote Originally Posted by supersaiyan View Post
    i asked and apparently theres no recall for mine

mines 2010 my11, i've seen my friend's facelift one rip off easily, but mines pretty firm!
    If it ever does come off, it will be repaired/replaced under warranty anyway. I suppose even out of that period it should be repaired under good will as there is a recall on the earlier models atleast.

NOT VERY IMPRESSED! So supposedly they had repaired it but it flew off on the first drive.

Unbelievable, I'm going to ask for a new garnish as this one has paint damage from it coming off and reimbursement for my fuel.

Mind you I have all the receipt proving they had completed the repairs on Friday.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    ^ ****in honda
    build quality is poo poo now
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    [IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img17/3017/49ut.jpg

NOT VERY IMPRESSED! So supposedly they had repaired it but it flew off on the first drive.

Unbelievable, I'm going to ask for a new garnish as this one has paint damage from it coming off and reimbursement for my fuel.

Mind you I have all the receipt proving they had completed the repairs on Friday.
    Knowing their response they are going to just replace it if you are lucky. Any request for fuel reimbursement will be laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    Knowing their response they are going to just replace it if you are lucky. Any request for fuel reimbursement will be laughed at.
    I'm not really concerned about their response as I would forward the complaint to Honda Australia, needless to say having a repair done on a Friday and the part failing again on Sunday is not acceptable!

im not holding much hopes about honda australia playing ball either.

however, i do wish you all the best because as you mentioned, that "quality" repair is definitely not acceptable.

Well got it sorted today, spoke with GWS and they agreed to reimburse me 15L of fuel and replace the garnish with a new one.

Have it booked in next week, shit happens however I deem the resolution satisfactory (other than the time expense) however I guess I can't complain.

excellent outcome. to be honest, im surprised that they came to the table to discuss things over with you.