Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by petsfact View Post
    i went there last sat only saw 4lt bottle........
    I'll go and check again. Last time I was there was a month ago.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord Euro Lux!
    Im almost due for my 10K service now with my 07 Euro.

I was using 300v Chrono on my last Euro & found it to be ok. Perhaps I did not see any improvements as I was only using it for short term period ( 20,000km).

I buddie of mine mentioned about Elf oil's anyone using that here or know about there products.
    MY2007 Acura TSX Lux 5AT

Addtions:

Interior LED Lighting / Tinted Windows / Ipod Dension Ice > Link Plus / Reverse parking Sensors/ Silver Dash Trim/ Acura TSX emblems

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by REV888 View Post
    Im almost due for my 10K service now with my 07 Euro.

I was using 300v Chrono on my last Euro & found it to be ok. Perhaps I did not see any improvements as I was only using it for short term period ( 20,000km).

I buddie of mine mentioned about Elf oil's anyone using that here or know about there products.
    Yeah i am.i'm using the Elf Excellium SM 5W30.It's API rating is SM.seems to be good.it was recommended to me by NRG at rydalmere.He mods WRXs and he reckons it's good in turbos.good price as well $55 for 5ltrs.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord Euro Lux!
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Yeah i am.i'm using the Elf Excellium SM 5W30.It's API rating is SM.seems to be good.it was recommended to me by NRG at rydalmere.He mods WRXs and he reckons it's good in turbos.good price as well $55 for 5ltrs.

How long have you been using it for ?
    MY2007 Acura TSX Lux 5AT

Addtions:

Interior LED Lighting / Tinted Windows / Ipod Dension Ice > Link Plus / Reverse parking Sensors/ Silver Dash Trim/ Acura TSX emblems

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe

That's right. You can't tell much difference using the best oil on the street. You won't see the benefits of it because you are not putting the engine under stress.

ELF is good.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Where can we buy ELF oil in melbourne?

The SM might be a good oil to use for 1 year for those low km usage.

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    The use of competition engine oils for cars which aren't use for trackwork or competition is considerably a bank account drainer. The use of high grade street bias oil would serve a better purpose of engine protection and longevity vs. competition oils which uses minimal to no "detergent" chemical compounds found in street oils.

- A lower weight oil (regardless of competition or street) will allow (if/any) a quicker operating temperature to be reached, slightly quicker RPM acceleration in sacrifice for quicker fluid/chemical breakdown at high RPM or prolonged usage for a NA application.

- From it's chemical composite, a competition bias oil will maintain optimum operating temperature very well compared to a street oil under heavy RPM usage over a short period of time (IE - 20~50 laps). | IE - Motul 300V series.

If you aren't spending any track time or driving extremely hard for more than 30 minutes during a particular oil change cycle, street oils would be the recommended approach. Mobil 1 Gold, Elf Excellium, Motul 8100, these are top grade street oils for those who want the premium.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    How long have you been using it for ?
    Just put it in at 20k service(have 22k now).Prior to that i used Castrol Edge 5W30.You can get it at Autobarn for $55.00.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by V205 View Post
    Where can we buy ELF oil in melbourne?

The SM might be a good oil to use for 1 year for those low km usage.
    All the more reason to change at 6 months. If you are doing such low kms, that means your engine oil doesn't get hot enough to evaporate the moisture that accumulates everytime you start and run your engine. Water + sulphite from combustion = sulphuric acid.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Or you can try redline oil or royal purple oil, they are one of the best around as well. PM me if you want them, I know someone who sells them cheap.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    I average about 10,000km/year. I would say that I do average at least 1 good 20-30 minute drive a week to properly warm up the car and the oil.

I'm about to change the oil at around 15500km now with Honda FEO (SL)... but will consider something like ELF Exellium from 20,000 or 30,000km for 10,000km intervals.

My CRV is about to get it's 40,000km service and the last oil change was 31,000 about a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    All the more reason to change at 6 months. If you are doing such low kms, that means your engine oil doesn't get hot enough to evaporate the moisture that accumulates everytime you start and run your engine. Water + sulphite from combustion = sulphuric acid.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by V205 View Post
    I average about 10,000km/year. I would say that I do average at least 1 good 20-30 minute drive a week to properly warm up the car and the oil.

I'm about to change the oil at around 15500km now with Honda FEO (SL)... but will consider something like ELF Exellium from 20,000 or 30,000km for 10,000km intervals.

My CRV is about to get it's 40,000km service and the last oil change was 31,000 about a year ago.
    As Aaron says,1yr.is too long between oil changes.You need to do every 10k or 6 mths.whatever comes first.