Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    Account Disabled Array
    i might be wrong, gota wait until its get release

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Guys, there will be a new ECU on the market for Honda's. Its call the Vipec and will be price very competitive against the Hondata.

It will be made for plug and play. Its has the capabilities of high end computer such as the Motec and Autronic

It should be on the market within a couple of months. I wouldnt waste my money on these piggy back computer. Its just pointless
    There are a few guys already running the Vipec ecu in Hondas with good results. According to their site already have a plug and play ECU for some B-series hondas?

I'll be getting one for my car as soon as the drive-by-wire option for the V88 model ECU is made available to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by johnprocter View Post
    yeah Chris_F has been raving about it for awhile
    haha, yep I have. Glad you noticed! It looks like a great product.

Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    if its a stand alone unit... i VERY MUCH DOUBT it would keep VSA / Traction control / Air con / immobiliser / cruise control as all these features are currently controlled via the stock ECU...
    I've also looked into MOTEC m400. You do need retain the factory ecu for certain functions if you want but it can do things like traction control and air con on its own.

For those that are curious, the m400 is about $2900, VTC control is a $300 option and drive by wire control is a $385 option. You can also purchase traction control which is even more $$$. So about $3500 for the MOTEC ecu. With another $2000 for the harness, installation and tuning. You wont get much change from $6000.

For between $3000-$3500 you will be able to get a Vipec V88 (flagship model) ECU fully installed and tuned. That includes traction control, full i-vtec control, drive by wire control - everything. It's still not cheap but compared to the MOTEC option it's good value for money.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Yes Vipec ECU are plug and play for OBd1 and Obd2 honda's now.

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin086 View Post
    Ok, finally got mine done after replacing my headers with a custom made set that won't fall apart when I drive the car like the last set!

Mods
    One of those JXXXE extreme kits with custom headers.
    Out of pocket costs......about 6.3K

..and here's my old headers when I replaced them.

Damn that is a real dissapointment. 6.3k down the drain with no real result. These stock euro motors can make easy 145-150kw with the right bolts-ons and tuning.

You can basically get the power from intake and a catback exhaust.

That torque curve is not even impressive, look it at drop from the middle of the graph. With the amount of moneh you spent you would expect a torque curve to be flat right to redline. It shouldnt drop off that much.

If i was Jtune, ill be considering the change in parts selected or pricing.

I feel sorry for the owner

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    just curious if one day i wanted to sell the euro (god forbid :P) and i had vi-pec, could i take it out and use it in another car that i bought?
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    So Adrian what do you suggest as a good stand alone setup for the Euro at a reasonable price?One that retains DBW and cruise.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    just curious if one day i wanted to sell the euro (god forbid :P) and i had vi-pec, could i take it out and use it in another car that i bought?
    99% you can.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    you can just need to pay megabucks to get it retuned again and a harness to suit the ECU for the car.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    ahhh we can never win with cars LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    So Adrian what do you suggest as a good stand alone setup for the Euro at a reasonable price?One that retains DBW and cruise.
    The ViPEC would likley be a good if not exellent tuning solution if it does actually run everything as suggested in this forum.
    Having not tried one on a Euro, I honestly can't give you a definate answer regarding this system other than on paper it looks good.
    The software is quite comprehensive & flexible & it appears to have a good dealer base.
    What I did notice is that the ViPEC system is essentially identical to PC Link (save for the name)
    So much so I would guess this system is a re-branded LINK.
    (Ie: V44 = G4 Storm & V88 = G4 Xtreme)

That aside, with the pricing Chriss gave of $3~3500 fitted & tuned,
    It's a fairly competative price, especially when compared to equivelant systems.
    For example, the Hondata K-Pro twin ECU system would likley set you back close to $4000 + tuning. Please note: I haven't actually tested the pricing as yet so this is a guess based on US retail & current value of the Australian dollar.
    For those on a tight budget, systems like Haltech interceptor & Greddy Emanage still represent good value for money.
    Sure, cam control (VTC) isn't included but they still work.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au