Member Array
    Car:
    EF8

DC2R Koni Yellows on EF8

Since my focus has changed from track to public road events, I am leaving my BCRS setup for something that offers more comfort. The following is one avenue I am researching.

Koni Yellows with Eibach custom springs held together with GC sleeves.

I have found that there are no Koni Yellows to suit EF8 and the ones for the AUDM ED CRX don't have external damper adjustments (definitely soemthing I require).

So I think I will find some DC2R front forks and rear LCAs and fit DC2R Konis on my ride.

The question I have is: Which AMERICAN car model should the Eibach Pro springset be from in order to not be too tall to fit under my wheel arches properly?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    good choice dylan, keep in mind that EG front forks will fit as well. why will you still need the rear LCA's?

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude vti-r & s2k
    wow dylan, another suspension change already? maybe change your spring rate on your buddy's?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    I am leaving my BCRS setup for something that offers more comfort.
    Sell to me?
    OG 03' Member #429

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Kyle: The Buddy Club Race Spec will be going for sale as a package with EF8 forks and rear LCAs so almost anyone can convert to EF8 and use them. Then you all can fight over them :P

Mini s2000: You live and learn huh! I think selling the coilovers as a package and changing platforms is a more economical choice, as it allows me to carefully select the spring rates, shock length and valving to meet my needs.

That said, I'm not completely decided on this option, just trying to fully understand what is involved first.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Steer^Gimic: I am led to believe that the Koni Yellows that fit directly to the stock ED/EF rear LCA do not have external damper control.

Looking over the distributor catalogue in Australia, there doesn't seem to be anything available for Integra under Honda, which leads me to believe that the Catalogue is American.

Can someone please confirm this and point out which of those models is the EG we are all talking about? --->

http://www.toperformance.com.au/catalogue_fs.html

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    perhaps just pay Toperformance a visit.

those guys are pretty helpful.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    I did call top performance, but there's the usual problem of them not appreciating the differences bewteen an AUDM and JDM CR-X. Plus even if they did have a shock specifically for my car, they'd be the non-external damper ones.

So I explained why and how I was intending on converting to DC2R and they said drop in once I've done that. Not really understanding that changing forks and LCAs would render my existing suspension useless...

Just not enough knowledge of the JDM here...

They seemed concerned about my plans too... ie to maybe mismatch springs and shocks (dc2r shocks and crx length springs) and using coilover sleeves too... Maybe they just haven't had a lot to do with Ground Control...

if your going for a street setup why not just buy some ef8/9 tein super street coilovers? alot easier than messing around with springs etc

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    kawasaki: been there done that. Sold my tien SS. No further comments.