Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by misteR_bilzz View Post
    is ~110kw all u get out of a dc5r? i honestly would've thought there was more power in the k...
    i cant find an actually number on an R, coz most R's arent stock! although hopefully my cousin will do his stock with the 16" rims

i did a dyno with 18's might take it back and go for a run on stockies

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    I'm getting the TODA headers fitted next week. Looking at those pics there's no flexijoint and I know my Fujitsubo PG doesn't have one either. I've heard the TODAs have to different spec headers. What did we get in the group buy?

Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    I'm getting the TODA headers fitted next week. Looking at those pics there's no flexijoint and I know my Fujitsubo PG doesn't have one either. I've heard the TODAs have to different spec headers. What did we get in the group buy?
    Theres no need for a flexijoint because there's a "Donut" connection which allows some form of swivel on the Cat and back.
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    i thought that the only difference between the K20A2 and the K20Z was the exhauste system? if so then an R and an S should havethe same power ATW if they both have identical after market exhaustes, yeh?

Member Array
    Different cams, compression and suspension too I think

So the power ATW won't be the same and I also think that the Type S is a better platform to mod from but that's just a biased opinion which has sort of been proven anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    fair enough, i never knew that they had different cams...please explain how its a better platform to mod? i thought the R had a stiffer chasis...correct me if im wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    it may be stiffer but is stiffer better? we won't know for certain.

Just as a reference, a friend's DC5R with K&N Typhoon intake did 116kw atw and my TypeS with a catback did 123kw on the same dyno on the same day.

those dyno figures are amazing for just an addition of the Toda header! definitely will look at buying one now!

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post

Just as a reference, a friend's DC5R with K&N Typhoon intake did 116kw atw and my TypeS with a catback did 123kw on the same dyno on the same day.

those dyno figures are amazing for just an addition of the Toda header! definitely will look at buying one now!
    Isn't the difference from factory 7kW anyway? What difference does 7kW makes when the DC5R is 70kg lighter? I thought it'd be six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Agreed on the dyno figure. I was amazed too. 15kW atw seems exceptionally high. I wouldn't have expected that from CAI, headers, exhaust and tune. I'm rubbing my hands together in anticipation for Thursday. If you're interested I'll post up my dyno results too. Let's see if the R gets similar results.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Tofu 123kw atw with just cat back is great What type is it?

Mine on it’s first ever run did 118atw with sri & Toda cat back, I have to admit that I thought I would have got more, but any gain is better than none.
    It’s hard to get a base figure for both cars the R and S. They say that the S is about 110-112kw atw and R would be a hand full less!

One thing is for sure is that no same two engines are the same, therefore unless you do a stock standard run to find your base figure. Dyno run after every Mod you do only to see the gains you made just for your car. Because the chances are the next bloke with same car same mods will have a slight difference in results.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post

umm, generally stiffer is better...are you trying to tell me that the platform of the DC5 base model is better?? its not called a type r for fun...i agree about the dc5s having a more powerful engine, but its also heavier...jus my opinion and btw K&N Typhoon intake would give you no gains if anything you may lose power...

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    Isn't the difference from factory 7kW anyway? What difference does 7kW makes when the DC5R is 70kg lighter? I thought it'd be six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Agreed on the dyno figure. I was amazed too. 15kW atw seems exceptionally high. I wouldn't have expected that from CAI, headers, exhaust and tune. I'm rubbing my hands together in anticipation for Thursday. If you're interested I'll post up my dyno results too. Let's see if the R gets similar results.
    although it's heavier, it's been shown time and time again that a stock typeS is quicker than a stock typeR in the 1/4mile (given similar skilled drivers)
    and i don't think it's just the power or weight difference between the R and S that makes the difference between the two as in which one is quicker. the way the power is delivered feels different too...the TypeS is more "torquey"
    Last edited by Tofu; 05-08-2007 at 10:24 PM.