Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey EG boy, you got pics of this hybrid clubman? Would love to see it.

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    What does that mean?
    australia = high labour cost = high production cost
    china = low labour cost = low production cost

and technically, its not racist cos im asian
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Farrrrk... all these tangents in this thread. I'm confused.

How in the flying fark did we get on to the subject of built in Australia vs built overseas???
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    The old adage of "there's no replacement for displacement" rings true with any NA application when your after hp.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    The old adage of "there's no replacement for displacement" rings true with any NA application when your after hp.
    Weight is just as important in a ALLMTR car as well as chassis setup the G&J AH proves that.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Very true Dave. I know all about that. But in the context of the original question about building an NA engine more capacity never goes astray. (generally speaking. It may not apply EVERY time).

There actually is... its called revolutions

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly View Post
    Farrrrk... all these tangents in this thread. I'm confused.

How in the flying fark did we get on to the subject of built in Australia vs built overseas???
    Don't worry, bobby thinks his getting valuve for money from buying a prebuilt motor from Japan, for example Jun.

I'm quite interested to see how it goes for the amount of money he spends.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Very true Dave. I know all about that. But in the context of the original question about building an NA engine more capacity never goes astray. (generally speaking. It may not apply EVERY time).
    The problem with most builds is guys chase power and dont really think about the rest of the COMBINATION and after spending 1000's of dollars and get very disappointed when there 140+kw engine only runs mid 14's when all it would have taken is to take weight out of there car and setup the chassis better and the times drop ALOT.This is why we started the B20 projects to show people that its not about power its about using the small amout of power the engine will make and work around that with setups.And the next in line project is a DC2R fitted with our V2 B20 bottomed and a STD ITR head,this car ran 13.66 with the STD B18C engine with boltons so now lets see what a B20 can do in it.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia

Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai View Post
    Don't worry, bobby thinks his getting valuve for money from buying a prebuilt motor from Japan, for example Jun.

I'm quite interested to see how it goes for the amount of money he spends.
    Yeah we forgot no one in this country can build engines hey
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia

Quote Originally Posted by DynoDave View Post
    Yeah we forgot no one in this country can build engines hey
    Regards Dyno Dave
    i heard theres a grey dc2 going around with a b20 built by Hi-Power Racing..
    it got chopped by an ek with a basic b18cr setup

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by DynoDave View Post
    The problem with most builds is guys chase power and dont really think about the rest of the COMBINATION and after spending 1000's of dollars and get very disappointed when there 140+kw engine only runs mid 14's when all it would have taken is to take weight out of there car and setup the chassis better and the times drop ALOT.This is why we started the B20 projects to show people that its not about power its about using the small amout of power the engine will make and work around that with setups.And the next in line project is a DC2R fitted with our V2 B20 bottomed and a STD ITR head,this car ran 13.66 with the STD B18C engine with boltons so now lets see what a B20 can do in it.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    As you are well aware this is the same methodology Joe has applied. Basically standard engine in a light car = good times. But, in the end, how many NA 12sec Hondas are there in Oz with B16As? They just don't make enough torque to run the times. The Alcorns silver AH is the quickest I have seen and its 2sec behind the K20. From what I have read, both cars have been developed along the same lines. And all the cars at the top of the All Motor list are 2L or more.

In the end we are both saying that power isn't everything, but if your chasing ETs starting with a B16A isn't the best option in my opinion. Start with an engine that has decent displacement. ie around 2L.