Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Creaking sound Civic GL

Everytime I go over speed hump, the front of the car (Civic GLi Sedan) makes a creaking sound, not so much 'squeak'.

Initially I thought it was the stabiliser bar, but after taking it off and lube the mounts this morning it still happens.

Anyone has similiar occurence? Where should I look into first (yes all suspension bolts/nuts/balljoints are ok)

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    misread.
    Last edited by shadou; 21-07-2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: misread
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTiR
    hey there i've got the same problem with my dc2 integra. it may be your shocks that are worn and need replacing or they may be leaking thus the squeaks. go get a 28 point check from pedders to get your entire undercar checked out for any other faults...$14. cheers.

ps. see a good post 1+ rep
    "it's peanut butter jelly time!"

blow shocks usually make squeeking sounds - like my dads corona. and it really soft and mushy and doesnt handle all that well.

might also mean ur bushings are shot or need regreasing.

Thanks all.

I've done few tests by spraying all the joints/bushing with WD40 with no good result. I come to think now that it is a shockbreaker issue and ready to go to Pedders for the check.

I just hope the WD40 does not eat rubber

WD40 shouldnt eat rubber

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG8
    in my civic gli it squeaks. but only in the rear right. i had the struts out when i put the new springs on them. and it only happens under pressure. any ideas there? thought i'd post here and not make a new thread.

are they lowered springs you put in? if so, stock shocks usually blow quite quickly as the inner valves, seals, etc arent designed to cope with lowered ride height.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    i have a few squeaks in the rear right side...

i have adjustable coilovers... only started to happen this winter...

when the car is cold its noticable... after driving for a while it quietens...

and its not when i go over hard bumps... only while turning at a slow speed...
    Last edited by AsH_; 28-07-2007 at 09:08 PM.
    Got an old Videogame console, handheld, games and accessories. PM me! I want them

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    bump..
    Got an old Videogame console, handheld, games and accessories. PM me! I want them

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG4
    Once you get coilovers you start noticing lots of squeeks lol I have an annoying squeek in the rear right hand side. Basically your looking at one of 3 things.

Bushings
    Shocks
    Interior Plastic (im not sure if civics have same problem, but thats whats wrong with my dc2)

Maybe try spraying your bushings with WD40 or lubing them with a bit of rubber grease and then see if it still does it, if so then maybe its your shocks
    Last edited by [JDM DC2]; 24-08-2007 at 06:04 PM. Reason: update
    Do you have VTEC?

Update.

I washed my car with high compression water (normal car wash) pointed to the shocks and the creaking has since disappeared for a week now.

Not sure whether the suspension bushings, etc. were just dirty.