Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd Tire

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will View Post
    as long as the load ratings are correct and they have legal tread depth you can have 4 different tyres if you really want to. why anyone would is beyond me however.
    That is incorrect ,illegal and dangerous..You cannot have 4 different tyres with 4 different treads.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    ^^^ Yeh exactly,

think about it.....

different makes on left and right. Different grip levels = very dangerous.

As I said before, years ago in Qld it was: your supposed to have the 2 same tyres at the front and 2 same tyres at the rear.
    Last edited by DLO01; 25-07-2007 at 06:38 AM.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    as long as the load ratings are correct and they have legal tread depth you can have 4 different tyres if you really want to. why anyone would is beyond me however.
    Quote Originally Posted by albii View Post
    That is incorrect ,illegal and dangerous..You cannot have 4 different tyres with 4 different treads.
    i have no problem with people disagreeing with me. i have a problem with douchebags like you failing to even read my post before replying.

i did NOT say that i thought having 4 different tyres was a good idea. in fact, you will notice that i said 'why anyone would is beyond me'.

ive no idea what the victorian laws are, but in NSW it is perfectly legal to have 4 tyres with completely different tread, so long as the load ratings are correct and the tread meets the minimum required depth (1.5mm I believe)

so in summary, everything i said was correct, and you need to read my posts before flaming me

if youd like to tell me im wrong again, please backup your statement with reference to the appropriate legislation that states that it is unlawful to have different tread types, because i've looked, and it isnt there.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic GLI 1997 EK1
    Then it will become illegal if you put spare space saver tyre (when you have tyre punchture).

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    ^^^ That is an exception.

Its for temporary use only.

You must stay under a defined speed.

You will 'not' get a safety cert if you have different tyres all round. You will 'not' get a safety cert if you have the Space Saver bolted to one corner.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    i have no problem with people disagreeing with me. i have a problem with douchebags like you failing to even read my post before replying.

i did NOT say that i thought having 4 different tyres was a good idea. in fact, you will notice that i said 'why anyone would is beyond me'.

ive no idea what the victorian laws are, but in NSW it is perfectly legal to have 4 tyres with completely different tread, so long as the load ratings are correct and the tread meets the minimum required depth (1.5mm I believe)

so in summary, everything i said was correct, and you need to read my posts before flaming me

if youd like to tell me im wrong again, please backup your statement with reference to the appropriate legislation that states that it is unlawful to have different tread types, because i've looked, and it isnt there.
    Who said anything about it being a good or bad idea ,carkhead..
    You said it was legal and that's incorrect..Maybe you should try reading what you said..Back to kindy for you buddy..

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodDeal View Post
    Then it will become illegal if you put spare space saver tyre (when you have tyre punchture).
    omg.....punchture?? what's that?

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Who said anything about it being a good or bad idea ,carkhead..
    You said it was legal and that's incorrect..Maybe you should try reading what you said..Back to kindy for you buddy..
    um...YOU did. it is legal in nsw. but go ahead, try and find me the legislation that proves otherwise....

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic GLI 1997 EK1
    FYI, about a month ago, one of the front tyre of my car have a unrepairable punchture. I went to Jaxquitfit and they did replace a diffenent brand tyre (same size, different tread). Yesterday, I went to different mechanic to get a pink slip. It passed and had no problem. I'm in NSW.
    Last edited by TheGoodDeal; 24-09-2007 at 09:54 AM.