Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Keep the Dc2R, much better car to drive.

As for mods, simple bolt-on I/H/E and a hondata plus tuning will net some good results.
    That’s the way, I personally don’t find powerful fwd to be very pleasant to drive, especially when they are turboed.

keep the dc2r & make it perform at the same level as EGk20A

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    not worth the hassel of getting a clean eg then custom fitting the k20 into it, getting it engineered, upgrading the brakes, sourcing the half cut and for what? a car that is a little bit quiker than your dc2r!

Take a look at Deano's car in the Appearance thread (yellow DC2R - DLO01). That's how you do a DC2R right.

Stock engine + boost ftw. 200kw atw is perfectly attainable, as Dean shows - and from what I've heard, his car is stoopid fast.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    300kw on a st honda is stupid fast.
    200kw on a st honda is fun sr20 killing fast.
    lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    take out and sell the b18c7 in your dc2r. put that cash towards buying item 3 from this: (or something similar)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70744

and put it in your dc2r

Quote Originally Posted by IZY-10 View Post
    not worth the hassel of getting a clean eg then custom fitting the k20 into it, getting it engineered, upgrading the brakes, sourcing the half cut and for what? a car that is a little bit quiker than your dc2r!

it wont be slightly faster. plus if you then use hondata k100/kpro it will be a lot faster. shouldnt need to be engineered in a dc2r as the displacement increase is less than 25% from memory i think its something like that. correct if im wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    Dc2r is a much better chasis and has more than enough power......if money is not an issue then do it, however I have seen many EG/EK's with ITR or K conversions, you need to ask yourself, for the money spent is there that much gained over a Dc2r???

Quote Originally Posted by IZY-10 View Post
    not a little bit faster, try alot faster

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    300kw on a st honda is stupid fast.
    200kw on a st honda is fun sr20 killing fast.
    lol.
    200kw on a street Honda = Nissan Killer

/puts on flame suit.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    i drive a cw dc2r... the car is purely a weekend car and it is babied a lot so it hardly sees the road

the eg civic would most likely see the road more but then it'd have a k20 in it which may be another reason for me to keep babying the car :/

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki View Post
    not a little bit faster, try alot faster
    by one second

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    DC2R... Keep it. If anything, go for a K20A, and stay NA.

After all NA>FI. IMO Turbo is cheating, It's too easy to get power. Personally I'd just work the B18C. It's more of a Fun, and raw motor, and suits the DC2R chassis feel. I think K20's are a extremely boring motor, although they are torquey. Ofcourse a heavily worked B18C isn't going to be as reliable as a morderately tuned K20, but if you not guna be driving it much, I think it'll be the better/funner option.