Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by ricki_kalsi View Post
    DC2R... Keep it. If anything, go for a K20A, and stay NA.

After all NA>FI. IMO Turbo is cheating, It's too easy to get power. Personally I'd just work the B18C. It's more of a Fun, and raw motor, and suits the DC2R chassis feel. I think K20's are a extremely boring motor, although they are torquey. Ofcourse a heavily worked B18C isn't going to be as reliable as a morderately tuned K20, but if you not guna be driving it much, I think it'll be the better/funner option.
    I'l give u a ride in my k-series wen its done. Then decide for yourself if its "extremely" boring, or jst "extreme"

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    LOL... nah I know it's fun cos it's fast. But it's not raw enough. It's not what a real Type R motor should feel like IMO. hehe.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by ricki_kalsi View Post
    LOL... nah I know it's fun cos it's fast. But it's not raw enough. It's not what a real Type R motor should feel like IMO. hehe.
    i guess ur rite..in the end its the feeling which counts, in dis case u like "raw" LOL! i prefer mine well done!

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    My Type R motor loves boost pushing in to her.

Revs her **** off.

Loves it.

^^^ Oh, thats quite sexy hey?

But yeh, its what you like/want.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    My Type R motor loves boost pushing in to her.

Revs her **** off.

Loves it.

^^^ Oh, thats quite sexy hey?

But yeh, its what you like/want.
    its all abt the feeling! n/a guys woudnt knw hw we FI boys feel! LOL!

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    LMAO, have any of you giving advice even driven a k-swapped EG?

All these guys talk like that know, i think not unless you've driven both can you really give a fair opinion.

to OP, it's really want you want in a car at the end of the day, everyone has different opinions on looks, but as for performance K>B.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    For, definately the EG-K.

People tend to swear by whatever car they are currently driving/aspire to driving.

That's why I like the EG as it's an underdog and more stealth with a more lovable appearance even though the DC2R is technically much better car from the factory with the body stiffening all done at the factory.

We bought the DC2R last year as it would have been much cheaper than retrofitting the type R gear into my exisiting EG. But as competent as a package the Dc2R is and the car is everybit as good as ppl say it is I still can't fall in love with it.

So I'm getting my EG converted with a B16A to start off with and doing up the B18C7 motor in our DC2R slowly. When the time is right for us to get the DC2R K converted by someone in the Eastern states in a few years time the B18C7 tuned engine setup would then bolt straight into my EG which I intend to keep in the long run.

An EG with a good K swap along with that 6 spd would be very awesome, potentially the ultimate sleeper from hell if you keep the appearance understated. The trouble I find with the DC2R is that ppl with turbo Nissans and WRXs know what it is and tend you provoke you on the road whichever they can as they know the DC2R has no answer to them esp in a rolling situation when they have the run on you from behind. In the EG they never bother as they think it's a EG breeze and tend to leave you alone.

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    "DC2R has no answer to them"???

Are you referring to standard nissan's and wrx's, if so, especially in a rolling start the DC2R defiantely does have an answer. Heavily modified WRX's and Nissan's is a different issue

Whats the point of having a descent motor and babying it all the time.

Let her warm up completely and give it a bit of stick everynow and then. Otherwise whats the point? might as well have a cxi civic with a faulty headgasket like everyone else.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by EG30 View Post
    The trouble I find with the DC2R is that ppl with turbo Nissans and WRXs know what it is and tend you provoke you on the road whichever they can as they know the DC2R has no answer to them esp in a rolling situation when they have the run on you from behind. In the EG they never bother as they think it's a EG breeze and tend to leave you alone.
    hahaha that's exactly how I thought and that's why I didn't buy a dc2r, I knew it was gonna get picked on by turbos and v8s and not enough suprise factor.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    if your the type of person that buys and sells cars then i suggest keep the dc2r. No matter how much you spend on the EG at the end of the day its just a civic and will not be worth as much when it comes time to resell. just something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by xtercii View Post
    hahaha that's exactly how I thought and that's why I didn't buy a dc2r, I knew it was gonna get picked on by turbos and v8s and not enough suprise factor.
    my b16 eg-crx runs with VN v8's and 180's no problems. door to door 1.6ltr power baby