recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    but how quick r the rx8s... i always have an impression that they not quick

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by joey99 View Post
    so you're saying a B16 with a little exhaust and intake will do under 5sec to 100km/h ?
    Is that what you think the RX8 does?

My Motor magazine shows

0-100 6.58
    400m 14.58

Quote Originally Posted by |N| View Post
    but how quick r the rx8s... i always have an impression that they not quick
    They are as fast as the driver!!!

Nah, I was never under the impression that they were quick when I had the chance to drive one. I also insulted my wife's friend when I told him his car doesn't feel quick :-p

Needs a Turbo charger like the FDs and FCs of old...
    MFactory Competition Products

they are fast .. 0-100 in low 5secs... just deceptively fast when you're driving it .. it's like a 350Z which is also very linear in power delivery.. they're just so stable and solidly built that you just can't tell how fast you're going until you look at the speedo. I was usually way over the speed limit without any effort at all. For a standard car .. they're incredible.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    they are fast .. 0-100 in low 5secs... just deceptively fast when you're driving it .. it's like a 350Z which is also very linear in power delivery.. they're just so stable and solidly built that you just can't tell how fast you're going until you look at the speedo. I was usually way over the speed limit without any effort at all. For a standard car .. they're incredible.

how would u compare RX8 with dc2R since i assume u have dc2r now... and used to have rx8...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    b16's can beat a rx8, i've seen it happen but i dunno about driver skill though, dont think the rx8 driver was that bad....
    Team SpeedStar

my mates ek b16 beat an rx8 as well.

ive been in one before and they not that quick. 0-100 in low 5's... hmm not so sure about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by spetz View Post
    What does a standard RX8 do over the 400m run?

I raced one with a friends B16 EG Hatch and beat one (He was clearly trying too)
    But then I just watched a Topgear episode where around their track it was as quick as a M3
    They'll do a 14.5 if the moon was in phase and the planets were in correct alignment. They're a bit of a nugget really. I was hugely disappointed when i drove it.
    And so it begins...

the story is .. I bought a DC2R after selling the RX8 so I could use the left over money for something else. and also to have a new project car to play with. I drove the DC2R which was totally stock for 2 weeks. I was very very dissapointed in the lack of power .. even in vtec. Handling was extremely good even compared to the RX-8 .. actually nothing really comes close to the DC2R chasis.

After looking into modding the DC2R .. the cost/power ratio was just ridiculous .. the amount of money you have to put into it to get it anywhere near a turbo car's power seemed sily to me. so after 2 weeks .. I swapped it for a WRX with 180kw atw. I just like the turbo kick in the pants feeling that the DC2R doesn't give.

so there's really no comparison from a RX8 to a DC2R .. very different machines ... the RX8 was effortless to drive and fast without really having to try. The DC2R has to work pretty hard to get going .. I didn't really feel it was the legend it was suposed to be.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    fair enf Joey... but u also have to keep in mind that .. honda didnt design them for straight line performance ... they r there for well balanced handling.. and i think they did well in that area... well for FF anywya .. i dun think i ve driven any other FF car that handles better then a dc2r

ok .. sorry . the rx8 is more like 6.2 secs to 100.

and yes the DC2R was one of the most balanced cars I've ever driven .. could use about 30kws more maybe .. but t was a incredible chasis. Just not a car for everyone.
    Last edited by joey99; 27-07-2007 at 10:23 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    haha low 5 seconds? you think they are porsche or something, 177kw and 1350kg does not add up to low 5s mate...