Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 LastLast
    Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Da1nONLY View Post
    BUT...faster than a RX8
    figures ive got for the rx-8 are 6.6 sec 0-100 and 14.6 sec quarter. only figures i remeber seeing for the dc2r put it at about 7.2 sec 0-100. i think its a fair comment that in a straight line the rx-8 is prob still faster, it just gets spanked on the track

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_mon View Post
    Are you telling me, the NSX in the JGTC have their vtec turned off?

If so, thats something i learnt today.
    lol...y need low cam when they can just run on hi cam all day?

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    'vtec turned off'?

am i the only person that thinks he was being sarcastic? lol

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    'vtec turned off'?

either that ... or someone needs to know what is VTEC

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    'vtec turned off'?

well - the actual thing is any cars in that particular racing scene or any cars with "VTEC KILLER CAMS" etc are essentially running "TEC" ( no V because it isnt varible. Its constant like a normal camshaft profile

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    well - the actual thing is any cars in that particular racing scene or any cars with "VTEC KILLER CAMS" etc are essentially running "TEC" ( no V because it isnt varible. Its constant like a normal camshaft profile
    Sorry buddy, the other way round. The timing is still variable, just no Lift control, which is the EC (Electronic Lift Control).

*Edit - Actually, could be the whole thing. the VTEC mechanisim (Specifically the Variable Valve timing doesn't alter the Cam position like Mivecs, rather some have Phased low cam lobes, open the intake valves in sequence at low cam mode

Anywayz... VTEC simply put is the mechanism to run both a high lift cam and a standard (lower lift) cam. As you know, high lift cams are difficult to drive at lower rpms, this allows driveability in a road car, but in a race car which lives at high revs, the low lift cam just becomes dead weight.

VTEC is nothing special in a Race engine...hence its not needed.
    Last edited by e240; 04-11-2007 at 10:28 PM. Reason: had a further rethink
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    don't talk so much..bring your car to the strip and see it for yourself...whats the point of talking so much here...

Quote Originally Posted by todaek9 View Post
    don't talk so much..bring your car to the strip and see it for yourself...whats the point of talking so much here...
    There's nothing wrong in having a simple conversation like this. You don't have to participate if you have nothing constructive to say.
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    good point.. lets all run high comp and crazy non vtec cams to see if its true.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    Why not you take your Vtec (or with your killer cams) and drag mine?
    My point is that...why is there so much comparison? just do it and stop assuming...I think all of us would wanna know the results...

Quote Originally Posted by e240 View Post
    There's nothing wrong in having a simple conversation like this. You don't have to participate if you have nothing constructive to say.
    Last edited by todaek9; 05-11-2007 at 12:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    One thing, you seem very experience in VTEC...I really wonder how well you did in yours, or you just read from the book...but if you did very well, like there is some hidden secret to make your's somemore special than others, please do show me some trick up your sleeves...Cause i'm very curious bout it as well...

Quote Originally Posted by e240 View Post
    As you know, high lift cams are difficult to drive at lower rpms, this allows driveability in a road car, but in a race car which lives at high revs, the low lift cam just becomes dead weight.

VTEC is nothing special in a Race engine...hence its not needed.
    Last edited by todaek9; 05-11-2007 at 12:29 PM.

One thing, you seem very experience in VTEC...I really wonder how well you did in yours, or you just read from the book...but if you did very well, like there is some hidden secret to make your's somemore special than others, please do show me some trick up your sleeves...Cause i'm very curious bout it as well...
    Clear as mud mate.
    I see what everyone else is getting at here, bar yourself.

So you don't believe that cams with large, long duration lobes can exist without vtec, or is it something else that confuses you?
    And so it begins...