Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY00, 98' EK4
    doesn't the rx8 hav 50/50 wieght distribution?
    heard they were quick in corners too.. friend has dc2r and drove one n said it was pritty quick..n it's redline is like...9000rpm? or 8 can't remember
    anywho would b interesting race around a track...rx8 vs dc2r..both cars that were made to handle

yes around the track would probably be a completely different story and will be very interesting to see. but I can see the RX8 running away on the straight .. and the DC2R catching it on corners and sticking to it's tail quite easily being light and cornering so well. I can see it being a very close race actually.

In normal driving conditions in traffic etc however, the RX8 is way easier to live with, alot more solid and even though it doesn't have huge torque in the low end, drivability is still much better than a DC2R in traffic conditions. The DC2R just doesnt' have anythign down low at all and there's really no chance of getting to vtec range.

Petrol wise ... the RX8 is silly .. on a full tank of about $70-80, I was luck to get 350km out of it! It just cost way too much! The DC2R was so so much better fuel economy wise .. of course unless you drive in vtec and like a maniac all the time. so in the end.. settled for a 2.0liter turbo rexy.. kinda like my old S15 which is somewhere in the middle of the both. yes I had a nicely modded S15 for 4 years before the RX8.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00, 98' EK4
    wat model rexy did u get?

it's a 2000 clubspec evo4.. the pale yellow, I got the car with all the Apexi stuff on it already... including full turbo back N1 titanium exhaust, VF23 turbo, powerFC, avcr boost control, front mount intercooler, coilovers, front and back struts and upgraded sways. It was a straight swap with my DC2R and with 60,000kms less then the DC2R had on it's clock. well, he was happy and I was happy so it was a good deal.
    http://www.jase3d.com/images/myCars/WRX_1.jpg

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00, 98' EK4
    nice...go the rexy's..i hav a my00 aswell...can't b more happy with it

wow cool NICE so how does that compare to your EK4 ?
    I had a nicely modded EK9 vtiR with alot of mugen and spoon stuff put into it ... about .. wow about 10 years ago! they were nice cars. great handling car with spoon suspension
    http://www.jase3d.com/images/myCars/civic2.jpg

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00, 98' EK4
    rexy murders the ek4 straight line
    but corners the ek4 would win...probably caus i hav stock sussy on the rex
    run ur car down the 1/4...c wat u get should b able 2 hit 12's easy

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by d15z1SUX View Post
    the rx8 is a weapon for a 1.3. hahaha. but we all know its a rotary lol.
    Twin rotar...which basically equates to a 2.6L.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

well even with coils, the rexy is still abit floaty and definitely not as chuckable into corners as the hondas ... but would be hard to catch out of a corner.

I'd love to go down the 1/4 soon .. doing abit more to it right now to get much more low end torque out of it.
    drivability is much more important to me .. I don't care how much top end power it makes, it just needs that responsiveness that it will go when I need it to.
    Last edited by joey99; 27-07-2007 at 11:37 AM.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball View Post
    Twin rotar...which basically equates to a 2.6L.

but isnt it more like twin 0.650 = 1.3 ???

meh .. i dunnno ... i know close to nothing abt those cars

I had the RX8 for a year and I still don't know how the 1.3 makes that much power. I don't think I even opened the bonnet. Neverthe less, it's a good cruze car and very comfortable even with my 2 kids in it. Just a high quality car in everyway in my opinion.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by |N| View Post
    but isnt it more like twin 0.650 = 1.3 ???

meh .. i dunnno ... i know close to nothing abt those cars
    Yup yup.

0.65 x 2.

People consider it 2.6L because it is a 2 stroke rather than a 4 stroke.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2