Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by IRI View Post
    RX8's are basically exactly the same performace Straight line/cornering drag/track etc to an S2K (so dats pretty damn slow lol). My friend has one and we can not split them, even when swapping drivers....

Just to give you a real world example...
    I Don't quite agree, I've taken my s2k '99 model against my friend's '06 rx-8 from a dig and from 100km/h+ runs and every time I pull away from him...not by a lot but the s2k is always quicker.

To give you another comparison, the RX-8 is infinitely more neutral than the s2000 (and I have an aggressive alignment too) It's so much more controllable when the back end kicks out too! I love it but they just use too much petrol 160kms from 1/2 a tank just normally driving is ridiculous

Also the engine sounds like nothing when you reach 9000rpm
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    Haha yeah s2k pobably has the tinyest edge, but I'm always afraid to brutally launch mine. I do the old let the clutch out and then floor it... If I was driving someone else's s2 I probably wouldn't have the same reservations lol. RX8's do sound quite sedate, but with a decent exhaust they start to sound like a real rotary
    blz-arw019

i would say, stock to stock , rx8 and dc2r pretty similar down the 1/4 mile , but rx8 will have more top end , so if it is more than 1/4 mile ,rx8 will win

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    i saw today in wheels that the dc2r was rated at 7.4 (or possibly 7.2) secs 0-100 so the rx-8 should win a straight drag. that said, the dc2r was designed for better things than jus running straight ahead quickly

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Pulsar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    that said, the dc2r was designed for better things than jus running straight ahead quickly
    rx8 has 50-50 weight distribution for a reason

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by joey99 View Post
    they are fast .. 0-100 in low 5secs... just deceptively fast when you're driving it .. it's like a 350Z which is also very linear in power delivery.. they're just so stable and solidly built that you just can't tell how fast you're going until you look at the speedo. I was usually way over the speed limit without any effort at all. For a standard car .. they're incredible.
    wake up..... rx8 will never did 5sec. they are not that fast as it sounds

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Yup yup.

0.65 x 2.

People consider it 2.6L because it is a 2 stroke rather than a 4 stroke.

when i had my rx7 .. the rego papers say 2.6L

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    imo, the rx8 is a piece of shit.

ive raced two in my old stnadard ek4 and smacked them both. my car i ran my car and got 14.790.

so the guys that say they're fast, the rx8's i raced must have had lots of problems then.
    Last edited by zco; 29-07-2007 at 11:35 PM.
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

I think having a rotary engine really is a waste of fuel.

The only advantage it has is on a track as its engine characteristic is smooth. But by far the really only advantage it has in real life is when its attached to a turbo.

Turbo + Rotary is an unbeatable combination. That linear torque, unbeatable high RPM revvability and power, smoothness, and dare I say the ability to hold up to the extra boost. Yes it wears out quicker than conventional piston engines but during the time it doesnt wear out, the chances of a mis-tune damaging the rotary is much less than with a turboed piston engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by zco View Post

ive raced two in my old stnadard ek4 and smacked them both. my car i ran my car and got 14.790.

so the guys that say they're fast, the rx8's i raced must have had lots of problems then.
    you are a road thug zico haha..

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    there ok cars. Stop bagging them out.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by zco View Post

maybe you raced the Auto version? They are only 14xkw from memory, a lot less than the manual version...either that or they must not have been trying/they were crap drivers
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD