Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20272829303132 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingy View Post
    LOL its just an assumption. but definitely they'll do some sh1t just to save cost and comply with the aussie standards. fair dinkum mate

By the time they pull their fingers out and try to get it here, the new model will be out and it'll be under SEVS!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Rice Rocket
    Off Topic: Is there a particular reason why honda engines always get detuned when they are sold here? can someone gimme a full recap?
    Quote Originally Posted by minix33 View Post
    for xmas the bf asked if i wanted a branded hand bag like gucci or LV.
    i told him to get me swaybars.
    ----
    Spec R

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Off Topic: Is there a particular reason why honda engines always get detuned when they are sold here? can someone gimme a full recap?
    Without going too much into it....

Japs have 100ron fuel. In oz they're not widely available (only 98). So car gets detuned to suit and so that Honda can ultimately warrant it!

Thats the belief anyway....better be safe than sorry they say!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Rice Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    Without going too much into it....

Japs have 100ron fuel. In oz they're not widely available (only 98). So car gets detuned to suit and so that Honda can ultimately warrant it!

Thats the belief anyway....better be safe than sorry they say!
    you mean detuned to suit 91 Unleaded, correct?
    ----
    Spec R

^ FD1/FD2 is 91ron... FD2R if ever made it to oz would be 98 or maybe 95ron.

But it won't... and I couldn't care :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Nissan Micra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by xtercii View Post
    I don't mind a power detune as long as everything else stays the same and I will most likely get this car.
    Agreed.

Nothing that a PFC can't fix :P
    NHB DC2R

TYP 20R

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Agreed.

Nothing that a PFC can't fix :P
    PFC doesn't support the K series.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Rice Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    PFC doesn't support the K series.
    LOL
    ----
    Spec R

I wonder if the "fuel quality" is the full story? when they brought in the DC5R they specified that it is to be run on 95 ron... why not 98? I think i heard someone say that at the time 98 wasn't as wide spread. but other manufacturers brought in cars that had 98ron min specified.

I would say that it's more about cost. The american 01-04 RSX ran the K20A2 so it was probably cheaper to get that engine for our market too. then america got the K20Z1 in the 05-06 RSX and we also got the same engine in our DC5S

As for FN2R, i'm guessing that's cos the market was going the way of hot hatches and honda wanted to jump on the ship.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Civic Vti-L
    Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    I wonder if the "fuel quality" is the full story? when they brought in the DC5R they specified that it is to be run on 95 ron... why not 98? I think i heard someone say that at the time 98 wasn't as wide spread. but other manufacturers brought in cars that had 98ron min specified.

I would say that it's more about cost. The american 01-04 RSX ran the K20A2 so it was probably cheaper to get that engine for our market too. then america got the K20Z1 in the 05-06 RSX and we also got the same engine in our DC5S

As for FN2R, i'm guessing that's cos the market was going the way of hot hatches and honda wanted to jump on the ship.
    Marketing is one of the main factor, many customer would be concerned if a car requires min 98k, especially the car itself costs less than 50k, think about this, a car that produces 150kw (example) by using 95ron fuel as min, and another car also produces 150kw but min requirement is 98ron, almost 10% extra in running cost, which one would you prefer to buy?

I know many of us here on ozhonda understands the real difference with 95 amd 98, but there are many many others on the market that only cares about $$, they thinks why should I pay extra running cost with the same performance output.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by oniononline View Post
    Marketing is one of the main factor, many customer would be concerned if a car requires min 98k, especially the car itself costs less than 50k, think about this, a car that produces 150kw (example) by using 95ron fuel as min, and another car also produces 150kw but min requirement is 98ron, almost 10% extra in running cost, which one would you prefer to buy?

I know many of us here on ozhonda understands the real difference with 95 amd 98, but there are many many others on the market that only cares about $$, they thinks why should I pay extra running cost with the same performance output.

10% extra in running costs? i think you need to revise your estimate there.

98 octane fuel is either 5 or 6 cents per litre more expensive than 95 octane fuel.

if you use, for the sake of argument, a 50litre tank every two weeks, thats $2.50 a fortnight. thats $65 a year. compared to servicing and tyres, this is not exactly significant.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by oniononline View Post
    many hi po cars need 98 these days, eg. Golf GTI. and it's <$50k. last time i checked, they sell better than FN2R.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc