Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2229303132
    Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Integra VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    did you mean FD2R Civic?
    Yes, yes I do.

As for the petrol debate, I only once put 95 RON petrol in my DC2, and that's when I was in the middle of nowhere on a camping trip. Otherwise it's always 98RON, so the requirement for 98RON wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I'd just make sure I had some octane booster if I was driving into the country.

I rarely put anything but 98 RON into my old carby Lancer, because it ran better, and the petrol was only 10% more expensive, and I got 10% better economy with 98 RON. So it didn't actually cost me anything extra to have the better petrol.

The Type R is for enthusiasts. I don't think 98RON would loose them many sales at all.
    Last edited by Shraka; 07-05-2008 at 12:36 PM.
    Torino Red '94 DC2 Integra VTi-R :: 96fwkw @7300rpm & 138fwNm @4100rpm :: 0-100 in 7.3 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by oniononline View Post
    biased I guess, hehe :P it would be a totally opposite answer from a GTI forum.

Anyway, ignore me :P My point of view is from the car manufacture's feedback, and since petrol is so expensive, people in Australia is taking it as one of their consideration when they purchasing a car, of course not as a first priority, but they do concern, like a $30k car but requires 98ron?

At lease myself would be turned away and purchase another car that has similar performance, but only need 91 or 95 to achieve this. That's all I'm trying to say.

And I would buy a FD2 too FN2 looks too sexy and girly to me, just my personal view hehe, don't flame me :P
    Hahaha so true there onion... I think the FD2R is for "enthusiast" customer only, not an normal avg blokes like us that want to find daily car with max performance but min fuel consumptions (and cost)

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    At lease myself would be turned away and purchase another car that has similar performance, but only need 91 or 95 to achieve this. That's all I'm trying to say.
    this is true but most if not all sub $50k hi po cars run on 98ron anyway.

unless u consider a 200kw V6 Aurion/RAV4 a performance car.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Integra VTi-R
    biased I guess, hehe :P it would be a totally opposite answer from a GTI forum.
    P.S. Of course you would, but I'm personally not biased. I just have preferences towards things Honda makes. I prefer a simpler, lighter car to a more luxury spec car. I prefer N/A to turbocharged, and the Civic manages extra power up high, which is were I want the power to be.

If the GTI was N/A, and had more power than the Type R and handled better for the same price I wouldn't mess about, I'd buy the GTI. Although I think the FD2 looks a bit better than the Golf. It's not a Honda fanboy thing. Honda makes cars that suit my taste, I don't change my taste to suit whatever Honda makes.
    Torino Red '94 DC2 Integra VTi-R :: 96fwkw @7300rpm & 138fwNm @4100rpm :: 0-100 in 7.3 seconds