Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R

Civic Type R Owners With Third Gear Issues Please Read

After owning my FN2 for a week and having third gear 'pop out' about five times a day I called my dealer today to discuss the problem. They in turn called Honda Australia who suprisingly have never heard of the problem that Honda UK have now acknowledged, and even went as far to say that the gentleman responsible for dealing with these problems only just returned from the UK last week and even he has never heard of the problem. Furthermore, there has not been one report of the problem from a customer at this stage.

My dealer has suggested that they have a look at the car at the 1000km service and that if they witness the problem then they can report it, but at this stage that is all they can do. However, I am far from satisfied with this solution, because after spending over $40,000 surely I could expect that someone at Honda Australia could contact Honda UK ask if there has been any reported problems, instead of simply writing off my researched information as internet heresay.

I guess that Australian owners may have to report the problem to customer service in the same way as UK owners have and by weight of numbers Honda Australia may actually take note and realise that there is a problem. I am going to call the customer relations freecall number on 1800 804 954 ASAP to officially report the problem to get the ball rolling. If anyone is having the same problem please call the freecall number and also post in this thread, and hopefully we can get something done.
    Waz

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    does this apply to DC5 TypeS?
    Does anyone know if the DC5 TypeS has the same gearbox as the UK CTR?

I get exactly the same symptoms and talked to my dealer today at my 30,000km service. They say they took a look at the internals (clutch and flywheel) and they didn't see anything and couldn't fault it...will have to go for a test drive and see if it happens during the drive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    wazza obviously your problem is worst than mine. Mine pops only when the gear box is cold maybe at the first 10 minutes of driving and thats about it. What i have problem with now is the paint job, they chip way too easily

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    that's bad, you don't expect brand new cars to have gearbox problems like that...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
    does this apply to DC5 TypeS?
    Does anyone know if the DC5 TypeS has the same gearbox as the UK CTR?

I get exactly the same symptoms and talked to my dealer today at my 30,000km service. They say they took a look at the internals (clutch and flywheel) and they didn't see anything and couldn't fault it...will have to go for a test drive and see if it happens during the drive.

Unfortunately no. I am wishing to raise awareness with Honda Australia of the documented third gear problem in the Civic Type R, if you wish to do the same for the DC5S separately then please feel free to do so....

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by sitta View Post
    wazza obviously your problem is worst than mine. Mine pops only when the gear box is cold maybe at the first 10 minutes of driving and thats about it. What i have problem with now is the paint job, they chip way too easily

I live in Tasmania though mate, it is always cold, hence why third gear always pops out. At the end of the day, I think we can have certain expectations when buying a brand new car, and you should not even have to accept that when the car is cold you will have problems with third gear.

I cannot agree more with the paint work, soft, soft, soft.... At present I have one chip from one week of ownership, so say in three years I will have a completely metal bonnet like a Delorean, I will be happy as long as I can travel through time too....

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6
    I cannot agree more with the paint work, soft, soft, soft.... At present I have one chip from one week of ownership, so say in three years I will have a completely metal bonnet like a Delorean, I will be happy as long as I can travel through time too....[/QUOTE]

hehe the delorean
    No signature

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Unfortunately no. I am wishing to raise awareness with Honda Australia of the documented third gear problem in the Civic Type R, if you wish to do the same for the DC5S separately then please feel free to do so....
    what I am trying to say is if the gearbox is the same part number as the TypeS, then this way we might have more numbers to bring to Honda Australia.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    I live in Tasmania though mate, it is always cold, hence why third gear always pops out. At the end of the day, I think we can have certain expectations when buying a brand new car, and you should not even have to accept that when the car is cold you will have problems with third gear.

I cannot agree more with the paint work, soft, soft, soft.... At present I have one chip from one week of ownership, so say in three years I will have a completely metal bonnet like a Delorean, I will be happy as long as I can travel through time too....
    one chip is alright i guess, in my 3-4 weeks of ownership i have hundreds of chips on my bonet and front bumper

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by sitta View Post
    one chip is alright i guess, in my 3-4 weeks of ownership i have hundreds of chips on my bonet and front bumper
    Im betta than you...in 2 weeks of ownership, i have three chips on my bonnet

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 Civic Type R
    Just made the call to honda hotline provided above
    was told he will send an email to honda head office
    and I will be contacted shortly regarding the matter
    as much as I hate it, guess we shall have to sit this one out

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    I made the call on Saturday and was promised that a representative would return my call early in the week, so i guess i will give them until Thursday and then call again....

Has anyone else made the call yet?