Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E 10 Petrol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTIL 2007

E 10 Petrol

I am wondering how any of you civic drivers find the E 10 petrol other than the benifits of a lower price tag at the pump. Does it perform as good or any better that the normal unleaded? Is it recommended?

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK
    i dont know about the newer engines, but i hear that the ethanol mix will alter the combustion properties of the petrol, thus playing havoc with your cars timing, especially with the old cars with distributors. also the ethanol plays havoc with your fuel lines apparently? nowadays i hear the newer engines allow the ecu to change the timing automatically so it will detect the new fuel and alter accordingly apparently. i dont really know, if someone can confirm my speculations? i too am also wondering about E10.
    ||bye bye civic || hello awd turbo ||

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You can use it on newer engines. The reason why it is not recommended on older cars is because the ethanol can attack the fuel lines and valve seats in those cars which were not spec'd for use with ethanol.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK
    ahh ic ic
    thnx aaronng
    ||bye bye civic || hello awd turbo ||

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTIL 2007
    Question remains...what do you guy think of the E 10 to be used for 07 Civic. Any E 10 users?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Question remains...what do you guy think of the E 10 to be used for 07 Civic. Any E 10 users?
    07 Civic can use E10. It's stated on Honda Australia's website. Probably get slightly worse fuel consumption though.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

tried using it few times in a row before... fuel consumption is higher (from avg 10.5L/100kms to 12L/100kms) and can feel a bit loss of "acceleration"

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

LOL I really wonder if any FN2R owners out there have tried E10. Cuz a few weeks ago I was filling up my tank and noticed there was a sticker on the fuel cap which says Premium 95 or E10 acceptable.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    You can use it on newer engines. The reason why it is not recommended on older cars is because the ethanol can attack the fuel lines and valve seats in those cars which were not spec'd for use with ethanol.
    yep aaron is correct. as far as i can recall all current honda models can use 'e10' fuel with up to 10% blended* ethanol content (which is current legal max anyway).

honda has only tested it back to 03 models so they will not recommend it for anything before then.

* blended during manufacturing, not splash blend at servo
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    ah.. come on... only cheaper about 4 cents.
    you save only $2.00 for 50L. but more "thirsty" and "loss" accel.
    so what for then :-)
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx View Post
    ah.. come on... only cheaper about 4 cents.
    you save only $2.00 for 50L. but more "thirsty" and "loss" accel.
    so what for then :-)
    at Mobil it is only 2.5 cents cheaper

Member Array
    Car:
    F N Two
    Quote Originally Posted by Reothe View Post
    LOL I really wonder if any FN2R owners out there have tried E10. Cuz a few weeks ago I was filling up my tank and noticed there was a sticker on the fuel cap which says Premium 95 or E10 acceptable.
    i do. have for the past couple months or so now. i've noticed increased economy and no noticable difference in performance. getting about 520km/tank mixed hwy and city/peak hr traffic. was getting ~480kms with vortex98/ultimate