"engine management light" wont go off!

hey all, i have just installed a 4-2-1 fujitsubo extractor to my dc2R and now the "engine management light", the yellow light in the dials section, is constantly on. it wont turn off.

i was wondering whether anyone else is havin this problem, and does any one know how to turn it off?

cheers
    still sleeping...

est. 2006

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    did you connect the o2 sensor?

yeh the o2 sensor is in, i went to an exhaust shop to get it installed. so it was done by pros. did u have the same prob?
    still sleeping...

est. 2006

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    no, is it plugged in?, not just in the manifold, but plugged into the harness?
    nah never had the same problem.
    do a ecu check.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8218
    should tell you what the problem is.

yeh, i think it was the harness. the harness was connected but not all the way in. so i pulled it out n push it together until i heard the click.

thanks a lot for that mate.
    still sleeping...

est. 2006

ok i don't think this is much relevant, but anyway

you know my handbrake light, only happened once, but yesterday, whilst the handbrake was down, the light was still on, and then i'd drive around, and it would turn off, but as i brake, it would go back on

so i pulled ova, and checked, i pulled up the handbrake, and i could kinda see (when i looked really close)that the light was going on, and when i put it down, the light would go off, but the actual thing was still red glowing red., showing the handbrake (!) thing in red. So i knew my handbrake was down, and yeah..

why did this occur?

after about 10mins of driving, it turned off and so far haven't had it happen again

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ek4 VTIR
    mWaku,

your brake fluid might be low, have u check them?

yea i checked them, there in between MIN and MAX, so thats fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG,DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    yea i checked them, there in between MIN and MAX, so thats fine.
    i had the same problem, my mechanic told me to top up the brake fluid and it was gone after that

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    there is a handbrake switch, make sure that is workign correctly.
    it's where your hand brake is, you have to take off your centre console to do so though.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    there is a handbrake switch, make sure that is workign correctly.
    it's where your hand brake is, you have to take off your centre console to do so though.

Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    you know my handbrake light, only happened once, but yesterday, whilst the handbrake was down, the light was still on, and then i'd drive around, and it would turn off, but as i brake, it would go back on
    when i first got my car earlier this year i had a that problem.
    i think the handbrake sensor was stuck because of the cold weather or maybe cause my car was in the card yard for a while and sensors/connections got dry.

i would start my car in the morning, put the handbrake down but the light would stay on. i would drive for 5mins and it might turn off and on as i used the foot brake.
    LOL
    it hasn't happened happened for the last 6 months.
    Last edited by migoreng; 02-11-2008 at 09:36 PM.