Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Luxury
    when i take car the to get washed i always do my interior first and then wash the outside. so by the time i wash it the rotors would cool down. im not a heavy braker, and every now and then i do go hard on the brakes. would it be because of that?

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    sometimes it just happens, even with normal driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    If you often push on the brake pedal fast then yes it can affect the rotors.
    Always brake gradually so the rotors wear out evenly.
    .© ♪

I have a major problem with this but to be honest I have had this problem with most cars I've driven. Usually happens only when you brake from above 100kph to me.

I know my rotors aren't overly warped because if I did multiple high speed braking to get rid of the brake deposits on the rotor disc, the problem rectifies itself a bit. If the rotors are very warped I do not believe it could be fixed like this.

2nd problem is with the brake deposit problem, in emergency braking it makes it harder to brake. Not safe.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Omotesando View Post
    I have a major problem with this but to be honest I have had this problem with most cars I've driven. Usually happens only when you brake from above 100kph to me.

I know my rotors aren't overly warped because if I did multiple high speed braking to get rid of the brake deposits on the rotor disc, the problem rectifies itself a bit. If the rotors are very warped I do not believe it could be fixed like this.

2nd problem is with the brake deposit problem, in emergency braking it makes it harder to brake. Not safe.
    Change your OEM pads to a good aftermarket pad like Endless and i'm sure your problems will go away.It sounds like you've got deposits on your rotors.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Luxury
    the car would be going to honda to get checked and then i will go on from there.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by Omotesando View Post

not even my 94 civic does that.
    vibrations like so through brakes, on a newish car, is not normal.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    ^ same here, my EG Civic never had a brake/rotor problem, even after some hard braking, stones stuck scraping the rotor, and spraying cold water on the hot rotors.

I guess some models are more prone to rotor warping than others. The Euro is 400kg heavier than the EG civic after all, and the brake pads are probably environment friendly or something lolz
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Luxury
    lol. dont know. but it is concerning as the car is only on 17 000 kms

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    yes it is concerning.
    but it was a common problem on the older ones, easy to rectify.
    like they said.
    they usually machine the discs down for you, and supply new pads, whcih are a softer compound.
    and the problem shouldn't come back.
    but if it does, i'm quite sure they will replace the discs.

Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    yes it is concerning.
    but it was a common problem on the older ones, easy to rectify.
    like they said.
    they usually machine the discs down for you, and supply new pads, whcih are a softer compound.
    and the problem shouldn't come back.
    but if it does, i'm quite sure they will replace the discs.
    damn right i just got a new set of front discs and pads claimed under warranty today. Been driving with shuddering brake for the past 35000kms even with updated 06 pads, it comes back after a while or 2 car wash. And they finally realized there is no meat left for machining....... hooray!!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Accord Euro Lux
    Hi All

I just recently bought a 03 Euro Lux and its has brake shudder. I was looking at after market rotors and pads. Do you guys have any recommendations for which product I should be looking at?