Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MFactory Swaybar review

It arrived ... after only 3 days including weekend . Bought the kit from filling out a form at mfactoryhk.com and it was forwarded to a member here (trader?).

First of all, the product:

The kit comes with the swaybar, mounting/reinforcement kit, and the lower tie-bar. As my civic EG GLi (1994) does not have swaybar mountings on the LCA I had to source this as well.

The swaybar is solid 19mm, looks strong (can't barely twist it by hand) and powder coated blue.

Nice red-painted mounting is solid and seems thick enough to do the job.

Lower tie bar is made of solid alumunium block and nicely coated with gloss blue. Nice black allen bolt.

The end links are made with joints (like ball-joints) looks very strong and have good appearance. I think this is better than the simpler whiteline links.

Unfortunately, not too impressed with the bushings. They're not painted and ruins the overall appearance I think... The black bushing however seems to be of a good quality.

Overall I'm happy with the overall package very solid product with a definite bling to it I have taken a leave tomorrow to install these !

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Pretty nice.Look forward to your driving impression after you fit it.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    how much do they good for.. looks like quality stuff

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    make sure u lock that allan key bolt dead tight so it wont twist..

the end links look OEM...
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

the swaybar and tibebar are a very old design ~ seen it on another taiwanese reseller a few years back. TO be honest it still looks better than the whiteline design !

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    the swaybar and tibebar are a very old design ~ seen it on another taiwanese reseller a few years back. TO be honest it still looks better than the whiteline design !
    Yep, originally from SRR.
    TVIS - Toyota VTEC imitation system

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    By Design ASR is still better though.

the -ve of the mfactory - moved mounting of sway further out (not much of an issue with EG but EK its a no go)
    - dont really like the allen key area.. its a twist area
    Last edited by BlitZ; 31-07-2007 at 02:11 PM.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

now the installation ...

First I had to replace the LCA. As shown here my EG does not have mounting hole for swaybar. The replacement has polyurethane energy absorbing bushing. Quite nice and solid compared to the OEM one.

Then installing the swaybar mount, I found out the package only give a pair of allen bolt (needs 2 pair!) ... so off to Supercheap. I also noticed that the upper bolt mounting is not perfectly flushed with the frame so I put 2 small washers

The other thing is the mounting does not use the big swingarm bolt. There is an unused hole so I assume this is actually for other Civic model (EK maybe?). Hope the 2 bolts will have enough strength

One of my biggest worry was how it will clear the exhaust. Nice to see all is good there ... it clears fine.

Finished installation, left ...

right ...

other views ...

Overall a very straight-forward installation. Everything were in place except that 3rd mounting bolt and the missing pair of allen bolts. Took me about three hours.

It looks great too. The red-blue mounting and galvanised blue alloy lower tie bar really stand out from the back. Great bling !

Now to do some tests ...

Member Array
    Car:
    Swift ZC31s
    I find it strange that the lower control arm bolt is not used for mounting the reinforcement kit.

The whole setup looks like its mounted on the original sway bar mounts only. Yet we are trying to protect this part of the subframe as it is the weakest area.

This kit does look like its for the EK Civic. The unused hole looks like its for a LCA bolt.
    Last edited by tank; 31-07-2007 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Comments about sway bar & endlinks retracted.

FYI the swaybar is upside down ! IT is designed to follow the OEM swaybar route.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    FYI the swaybar is upside down ! IT is designed to follow the OEM swaybar route.
    It doesn't really matter. I run mine like this as well. :-p
    But in this case, yeah, its upside down, running too close to the exhaust.
    Swap it around and see if that works for the clearance.
    Last edited by e240; 31-07-2007 at 06:19 PM.
    MFactory Competition Products

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    I find it strange that the lower control arm bolt is not used for mounting the reinforcement kit.

The whole setup looks like its mounted on the original sway bar mounts only. Yet we are trying to protect this part of the subframe as it is the weakest area.
    As I've tested, the reinforcement is sufficient for the 19mm sway bar, and a 19mm sway bar if sufficient for the track. I think a 22mm sway bar is overkill and cause a twitchy rear end.

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    This kit does look like its for the EK Civic. The unused hole looks like its for a LCA bolt.
    The sway bar and end-links are for a EK Civic. As a result, the end-link is not secured on the lower control arm properly. EG Civics use a completely different link to connect the sway bar to the lower control arm.
    This kit can actually be used for either an EK or EG, I'm not sure what you mean by the end-link is not secured properly, looks fine to me. Can you elaborate?

This is not a standard EG link but a spherical bearing link.
    MFactory Competition Products