Thread: clutch noise

hey i was just wondering... i had a eg hatch and sold it and now have a ek hatch... both cars had noises somewhere in the clutch... when i release the clutch i get a squiky noise... and also a grinding sensastion felt on the pedal...what is this?? anyone have the same probs... i think its a common prob seem both cars had it....

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    oh...all u need to do is lubricate the springs..

that's probly what's causing the problem
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    i had same problem, when i took it down to hannys, peter [the mechanic there] put some lubricant somewhere in the engine bay.. (im assuming where the clutch is) and the noise was gone.

Member Array
    its the clutch fork.... just spray some lube... its located in the front portion of your engine bay. Just remove the rubber hood.

ohh ok thats what the mechanic said and he tryed doin the lube thing but it didnt stop it.... well it wasnt as loud but still there maybe i have to load it up with lube to make it shut up

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    some thimes the only way is to remove the gearbox, clean the thrust bearing and fork, relube and off you go. BUT I have also seen squeeky pressure plates. most of the time a quick lube from the shift fork cover will fix it for a while..

you can get a temp fix, but spraying on moving pivots but other than when you change your clutch , lube the clutch fork at the same time.