Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT

[CU2] What have you been quoted?

Hi all,

I've done a quick search of the forums and have found a couple of CU2 quotes.

My mate is looking at getting the CU2 in either the Luxury or Luxury SatNAV in an auto. I told him that when I was researching prices for my CL9 I came across the "what did you pay for your Euro?" thread on this forum (which was absolutely fantastic and got me a car at a price I'm so pleased with and with very little effort), but that thread is no longer alive. He's pretty keen on the CU2 as they have a baby due in a few months and he wants a family car that has stylish looks and decent performance... the exact same reasons why I got the CL9!!

He's been to 2 dealers (in Melb) and they won't budge on the price of the car and the accessories too (body kit - no boot spoiler, mats and tint). They're quoting around the $47K mark. I don't know if he's a shit negotiator or if that is just the way it is for a new model car?

Hope this is not against forum rules?

Thanks,
    Jerry

Member Array
    Car:
    MY09 Euro/MY05 Jazz VTIS
    I don't think that any dealers are budging on price at the moment. Cars too new & too good!

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    New car, stuff all budging.
    Should still get good deals on Accessories.

Next shipment in Nov I think, maybe better deals then.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    BTW, there is 24 Honda dealers in Victoria.
    I'd be calling and sending them ALL an email.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Auto Sat Nav '10
    When I got my quote there was listed price plus plus plus for accessories, dealer delivery, NO discounting. They then proceeded to talk down my trade, way down, at which point I decided it was time to try another dealer, whch I hope to do this coming weekend. As said here before, new car model, official line is Honda doesnt discount, but privately I have heard of some good deals ie car and accessories for under the standard price plus dealer del charges... and sales ARE slow at the moment. Have fun and good luck..

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT
    Thanks for all the replies, I'll pass on the info to him.
    No matter what he pays, I still think it's worth every cent!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Lux 6MT

Thumbs up

Think about this, when the CL9 came out in June 2003 the old saying " No discount " Then come to the end of model line in June 2008. See how you can pick one up at RRP for drive away pricing and some more discount off if you know how to twist the dealers arm. Now you can work out the profit margins on each car they sold when new in June 2003, when at the end the model cycle the deals to move stock were at a much better drive away. Some Saving like $3000+ goes into your pocket.

Its like anything, think about the deals they need to do these days as the car industry has so much competition, look how much mazda has reduced the mazda 6 prices to stay in the market place.

Honda Australia are pushing numbers like 70,000 sales this year, thats 10,000 more than the 2007 total hondas sold in australia so its a buyers market if they want to sell that many new cars.

Its call supply and demand, remember when the VHS video machine first came out and how expensive that was, look at how cheap you can buy a VHS machine these days. Same thing is happening to flat screen TVs.

Once the new Euro shine washes off then the real discounting begins. Cars are a moving market. So sharpen your pencil and see what happens.

If there was no discounts, then why dont we order direct from the importer and pick the car up off the wharf when it lands in oz.
    Last edited by SpeedBird; 13-08-2008 at 10:08 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 2006 new look
    As someone said there is 24 honda dealers in VIC and everyone of them wants to sell.
    Try to negotiate. Go to them and tell them that $$$ is your price and if they do not match it you go to another dealer. And that is it. Good luck