Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra vti-r 1999

Arrow Best Splits Ever

If anyone is looking for 6 inch splits, get yourself the MTX th5602. I purchased these after a good friend of mine who manages a strathfield store said "these are the best splits on the market". He was spot on, run these splits with a Sub off a decent amp and the clarity of the speakers will pierce your ear drums.

Amazing stuff, apparently this brand comes standard in brand new subaru liberties.

Member Array
    Car:
    1986 AH Honda Civic Hatch
    rrp on these??
    1986 Blue Honda Civic Hatchback. MODS: Dual 3 inch cannons, fading paintwork
    1982 Toyota Celica MODS:no interior, seized motor FUTURE MODS: T28 turbo, bigport 4AGE with forged internals

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    no offence but there are much much better splits available (focal beryllium and rainbow reference spring to mind, both many thousands of $$$). also, an affiliation with strathfield would not give ur mate any expertise on what the best car audio products on the market are, nor does the fact they are oem subaru do alot to vouch for your argument. jus be careful making statements liek those if you dont really know what ur on about as it can mislead ppl... or maybe u work for a supplier and made ur account jus to try and flog stuff and ive wasted my time typing all this

/end rant

anyway, glad to hear ur happy with em

also, i take it u were referring to the THS602 (u mistyped it) which retail for $205?
    Last edited by Vinnie; 03-08-2007 at 01:31 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    and since when does OEM usage become a standard of a good splits? if so, all upmarket cars should come with utopia, boston z6 or infinity kappa perfect at the very least... I do agree that it is a good split for the money but so is the jaycar splits which are half the price of the MTX

Member Array
    Car:
    Rang Mobile
    mb quartz FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Integra_Rider View Post
    "these are the best splits on the market"
    As Vinnie has already alluded too; you're more than welcome to come down here sometime and listen to the Focal Beryllium splits. Then head over to Precision and listen to the Rainbow Reference splits. Then come back here and tell us all that the MTX are the best splits on the market.

However, for their price I believe the MTX are quite good.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    lol... strathies has the best splits on the market?.... I've been wasting my money then.... I guess i need to get rid of my gear and head down to strathies... haha

Seriously though, you might consider them to the best on the market as they are the best that you've heard. Pop into FHRX or Precision to listen to the Focal, Morel and Rainbow gear, you'd be suprised at how fantastic they sound.

If those places are a little far then duck into your nearest JB Hifi they should have Pioneer yellow cones (sounds quite good although a bit overpriced), Alpine Type-R's (new range with shallower mounting depth and ring radiator tweeters) as well as JL Audio VR splits. If you're lucky you might find a store with a set of JL Audio ZR splits, absolutely fantastic set of speakers. Personally I rate them very close to the Boston Z6, the tweeter isn't quite as smooth as the Boston's but they're still fantastic.

Team YCD Geek Array
    Car:
    K24A Dim Sum Trolley
    Listen to set of Dyn's for pure pleasure.

Audio is a very personal and subjective experience but as long as your happy thats what counts.
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    focal ftmfw

Member Array
    Car:
    The Crusader (0
    hahaha best splits ever, massive statement there. Perhaps theyre the best strathfields ever had

Mb Quarts Q series FTW... haha...

one of my mates got one from straths... i got clarion splits installed for my rear and that clarion sounds much2 better than the mtx... even my mates agrees and he paid more than me....

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    define "best"....

Quote Originally Posted by Integra_Rider View Post
    the speakers will pierce your ear drums.
    all the awesome splits ive heard dont do that

dynaudio / morel elates FTW
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat