Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    Interesting... Show us when you got it. I admit I'm quite happy with the stock steering wheel. It's perfect size/shape/texture for me.
    he said wrap, so i dont' think will change the size/shape. texture might be.
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx View Post
    he said wrap, so i dont' think will change the size/shape. texture might be.
    This is the part. I guess it will increase the grip size slightly but not a great deal.. Mainly feel/texture and look.

http://honda.autowebaccessories.com/...od24_14596.php

I believe the US coupe one is the one that fits the Australian Sedan.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ex 07 Civic Driver
    Hmmm interesting. When I ordered my VTi-L I asked about getting a leather steering wheel but was told it wasn't an option. In hindsight I don't mind the urethane steering wheel, as it is not the hard, rough urethane that is found on some cheaper cars.

As usually it looks like like American cousins have options available that we can only dream about (or order from the US).

Member Array
    Car:
    Ex 07 Civic Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Joele View Post
    I don't think I got as good a deal, not good at buying cars I guess..

- Auto VTi Sedan Metalic Paint
    - Carpets
    - 16" VTi-L Alloy Wheels and Tyres
    - Pollen Filter
    - Full tank

$26,500 drive away

I rang aftermarket to order the rear spoiler was quoted $699, told them I didn't want it. I then rang the parts department in the same dealership and got the spoiler for $575 installed..

I purchased mid August. They told me delivery by mid November when I called 2 weeks ago, I said I would cancel and they called me back and said they could give me one just about to leave on the Oct shipment. So my car arrives 15 Oct, just add a week for dealer delivery (fitting spoiler etc).

I have also ordered the original Honda leather steering wheel wrap from America.. US$57
    When you ordered the car in August did the dealer give you an exact delivery date, or just an estimate?

When I bought mine the salesman told me I should have it within a month but wrote a delivery date on the contract 2 months from the sale. When I queried the date he said it was standard because they were so popular that they couldn't guarantee an earlier delivery, but not to worry as that was a "worst case scenario".

However when I finally received my car it just happened to be on the date written on the contract. In fact telling me I may get it earlier was just a sales ploy.

PS: I liked receiving the Honda survey - I got to tell them all about the poor service at one of their dealers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti
    Quote Originally Posted by Borg View Post
    When you ordered the car in August did the dealer give you an exact delivery date, or just an estimate?

When I bought mine the salesman told me I should have it within a month but wrote a delivery date on the contract 2 months from the sale. When I queried the date he said it was standard because they were so popular that they couldn't guarantee an earlier delivery, but not to worry as that was a "worst case scenario".
    They didn't write a date on the contract at all, stupid me didn't check that. He did say two months, and when I confirmed the date and was told 3 months I held them to 2 or I would cancel, hence it became 2 again.. He also said could be earlier than 2, but I didn't believe him

Apparently VTI-L and Sport are 2 months standard
    And the VTI is 3 months..
    (if ordered and not local available stock)

PS: I liked receiving the Honda survey - I got to tell them all about the poor service at one of their dealers.
    I will too, as they were suddenly quite rude IMO once they got me signed on the dotted line.
    Last edited by Joele; 03-10-2007 at 06:48 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti
    Quote Originally Posted by Borg View Post
    Hmmm interesting. When I ordered my VTi-L I asked about getting a leather steering wheel but was told it wasn't an option. In hindsight I don't mind the urethane steering wheel, as it is not the hard, rough urethane that is found on some cheaper cars.

As usually it looks like like American cousins have options available that we can only dream about (or order from the US).
    Yes I referred the Parts guy to the actual Honda part in the US and he said I would have to get someone in the US to send it over, as it isn't available in Australia. So I got a friend to order it for me as none of the places I could find agreed to ship to Australia..
    Last edited by Joele; 03-10-2007 at 06:50 PM.

They didn't write a date on the contract at all, stupid me didn't check that. He did say two months, and when I confirmed the date and was told 3 months I held them to 2 or I would cancel, hence it became 2 again.. He also said could be earlier than 2, but I didn't believe him

Apparently VTI-L and Sport are 2 months standard
    And the VTI is 3 months..
    (if ordered and not local available stock)

I will too, as they were suddenly quite rude IMO once they got me signed on the dotted line.
    Well I've got different story here I believe... the dealer said it will take about 1-2 months for my car to arrive, and it actually come after 3 days!!! even before I agree with the car loan, the dealer rang me and say "congratulations, your car is here" but I havent even sign anything

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Well I've got different story here I believe... the dealer said it will take about 1-2 months for my car to arrive, and it actually come after 3 days!!! even before I agree with the car loan, the dealer rang me and say "congratulations, your car is here" but I havent even sign anything
    Maybe they had a cancellation or something like that in the same specs and colour?? very lucky

Maybe they had a cancellation or something like that in the same specs and colour?? very lucky
    yeah I think that is the reason they gave me as well... someone else's car loan being rejected or sumthin... anyway... its mine for a year now! (and still stock as rock!!!! )