Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    yeah.. i'm keen to know whether there is any difference in performance between cl7 and cl9 ones..

how much are these headers anyways.. i'm damn keen to get a set..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    yeah.. i'm keen to know whether there is any difference in performance between cl7 and cl9 ones..

how much are these headers anyways.. i'm damn keen to get a set..
    Performance differance im unsure of. I would assume they are similar except don't forget the actual length/size of them is differant as the K20 Head sits higher than the K24.

As for cost, new i think they fetch a VERY high premium due to poor exchange rates/eco crisis. I would assume at the cheapest mid to high 1000's.
    Last edited by Phased; 21-04-2009 at 11:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by Phased View Post
    As for cost, new i think they fetch a VERY high premium due to poor exchange rates/eco crisis. I would assume at the cheapest mid to high 1000's.
    Try $2,500AUD+
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by integral90 View Post
    Try $2,500AUD+
    That's a Joke. Seriously, Xforce Headers for $399 or get some custom ones made up. The powergain from Toda compared to custom/xforce would simply NOT be worth the extra $2000 almost.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by Phased View Post
    That's a Joke. Seriously, Xforce Headers for $399 or get some custom ones made up. The powergain from Toda compared to custom/xforce would simply NOT be worth the extra $2000 almost.
    Well that's all a perspective thing... as with all bolt-on modifications, their restrictions are only increased when everything around them improves. The 3-5kW difference the Todas would have on an otherwise stock Euro could become a lot more when other work gets done.

Depends, if you have the money and you want every last kW you can get... why not?
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Well that's all a perspective thing... as with all bolt-on modifications, their restrictions are only increased when everything around them improves. The 3-5kW difference the Todas would have on an otherwise stock Euro could become a lot more when other work gets done.

Depends, if you have the money and you want every last kW you can get... why not?
    agreed

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS

No Doubt. Although I personally wouldn't. I would prefer to spend that $2,000 on suspension, tyres, RBC+Full Exhaust. Unless you have limitless money, or a very high budget. You would be better off splitting it. for eg. $2500 could get you custom/xforce headers, custom full exhaust, RBC Intake and Air Intake. Which one do you think would make more power?

However, if you were to compare them to custom headers, or headers like Fujitsubo's/5zigen... I wonder what the REAL differances would be. Im pretty sure the majority of the time, it's money best spent elsewhere. The cars with the most power are usually the cars with custom built parts for the build, which usually are still a hell of alot cheaper than most high-end brands.

I would definantly buy Toda's/Fujitsubo's over most if they were in the low 1000's but @ $2500 it just simply isn't worth it.
    Last edited by Phased; 22-04-2009 at 02:56 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    N/A = expensive

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    I just did a summary of what I did on performance parts on my euro (not include all other parts e.g. badges, body kit or rims).
    $10,500 for 155 hp @ wheel. about $67 per hp. is it sound ok or I did spend too much per hp?
    My parts included - GreppM intake, Toda header, xforce metal cat, 5 Zigen pro racer twin exhaust and ORC clutch. included installation cost.
    How do you guy think? welcome to tell me bad or good things.
    :P
    Accord Basic

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Accord Basic View Post
    I just did a summary of what I did on performance parts on my euro (not include all other parts e.g. badges, body kit or rims).
    $10,500 for 155 hp @ wheel. about $67 per hp. is it sound ok or I did spend too much per hp?
    My parts included - GreppM intake, Toda header, xforce metal cat, 5 Zigen pro racer twin exhaust and ORC clutch. included installation cost.
    How do you guy think? welcome to tell me bad or good things.
    :P
    That's not how you calculate it. You need to take the 155hp minus the base hp and then you use that number to calculate $$ per hp.

Here is mine:
    Base - 110kW (147.51 hp)
    Added headers - 119.2 (159.85 hp)
    $350 for 12.34 hp gain to give $28.36 per hp.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    Thanks, I don't know what is my car base power.
    Accord Basic