Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    it's expensive, but I'm not sure about "too" expensive. A guy in South Australia imported a mid engined v6 clio for about 130k... sure it's rare as (only one in Australia?) but I don't know if it's worth that much...

I say hold out, there's that other thread which talks about us getting the sedan type r...
    Funnily enough, I was thinking about the Clio V6 when someone else mentioned about relating the cost of a car to where the mainstream model is placed in the product line-up (in this case, on the lower end of the scale with the Civic).

The Clio, upon which the V6 is originally based, could also be accused of "just being a Clio", however, if you look at the changes they've had to make to that car, and I know first-hand from talking to the Renault UK product manager that the cost to make those cars and offer them in the UK at £25k (approx AUD$60ish at today's rate) did not make Renaultsport much money at all, so from a consumer's perspective, value wise, although it's "a lot of money for a Clio", arguably you got more for your dollar/pound than in something where the manufacturer has priced in a premium for "perceived" value (Ferrari anyone?).

Having said all that, $130AUD for a Clio V6 doesn't make much sense at all!, but that is partly a regulatory issue with taxes, duties etc. Some people spend that much on paint jobs, chroming, stickers and other things to make them feel unique.

I have no problem spending $60k on "a Civic" if I can see what value I'm getting in return.

btw, can you point me to where you found out about the Clio V6 in SA?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I've seen the Clio V6 in France, while it looks like a monster, it's not a fast car. If I was in a different country, there are many other cars that are worth importing for that amount of money.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

http://users.on.net/~murcod/RSC/Clio%20V6/
    found out about the car through the blue 182 cup F1 owner in the pics.

but yeah.. 60k for a mugen rr... hmmm how much would it cost to get it on the road here?

for arguments sake if you could get it for 60k on road, and the jap spec sedan civic r gets sold here would it still be worth it?

I agree with most other people, there are better things you could do with the money... house deposit or a better car for that price... myself? i'd probably go with a second hand evo (I need a boot).

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I've seen the Clio V6 in France, while it looks like a monster, it's not a fast car. If I was in a different country, there are many other cars that are worth importing for that amount of money.
    Yeah, they are not that fast in absolute terms. But they do have unique handling attributes and are brilliant fun. Yes, I have driven one in anger!.

Hulla, thanks for the link

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The most fun and scary part is the engine being less than 1m away from your head. LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    still a no for me.
    lol.
    in the end, overall, it's got good performance and handling, but would you really want to spend 60k on a civic? i'd rather a s2k.
    lol.
    why buy a honda at all if not to be diffrent!
    example why sepnd 15k on a civic or teg or anything when you can drive a 180sx or r32.
    its to be diffrent imo.
    each to there own.
    i wouldn't buy one personally,as staed 60k = house deposit, but if your rich why not!
    No signature

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    because hondas are more reliable than nissans?
    lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    nuts. i'd rather do a EG-K project! it would be even more NUTS! if the below line is spending $60k on a civic!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2-T, H22a CD5, H22a eg
    eg-k boosteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Civic - $20K base car.

Civic Mugen RR - $40K more for a few extra KW, bodykit, some tuning works. Sheeet

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    Civic - $20K base car.

Civic Mugen RR - $40K more for a few extra KW, bodykit, some tuning works. Sheeet
    Nah, you should compare it like this:
    Civic Type R ~$50k
    Mugen RR - $10k more for kit, suspension and bling.

Member Array
    Car:
    MX83 cressida
    ... so hang on will 60 have it here, that's just on the road in Hong Kong, correct me if i'm wrong but what bout compliance (though i doubt you could get 1), tariffs, etc?!?

60k if you are only going to track it or something.
    I personally think you would be better boosting a new civic type r if you want that look!!