Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    happy car

prelude specific exhaust

---anyone?

Has honda put enough effort into their stock exhaust piping, or would it be beneficial to change the cat back piping? or is the stock muffler the one which is restricting flow? so therefore a axel back to be more beneficial...

im unsure what would be best for the H22a..????

-HELP-

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude '89 & CRV '99
    So far as restrictions go the main gains are at the header. Cat back gains would only be very small and normally only done to change the sound and appearance.
    If it breaks or wears out it's time to upgrade it.
    Prelude Australia
    Garage

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude H22A Turbo
    yea get some headers
    axel back doesnt do anything really except for sound.

h22a stock headers are pretty good already....if u want gains, u'll need to spend some extra money for something like spoon or mugen if they have any
    VTEC = Say My Name!!!

go to preludeasutralia.com for more info on this.

usually with h22a... keep there stock headers and get a custom 2.25 or 2.5 catback. axleback wont give you any gains.

i got 2.25 and its got nice torque down low where as my mate has 2.5 and the car seems to breathe much better top end.

hope it helps.

Member Array
    Car:
    pogo stick
    i had Fujitsubo 4-2-1, hi-flow cat, apexi supermegaphone

sounded great, about legal sound limit..

great gains

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    just get a mugen cat-back or with mugen headers dundas

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1997 Honda Prelude Base
    RS*R exhaust

really u dont need to spend alot of money

i belive x-force headers make good dyno proven power... n i think liverpool exhaust sell them too

then a good quality cat n rear system will get u good gains in power...but for every mod u need to tune for it. no use putting a system on the car if u cant tune the ecu

the stock honda system including the headers will not get u far if u want power gains. i had cams in my car (h22) n could not get over 100kw at wheels. a stock car does 90-100kw.
    i have seen a jap h22 pull 115kw atw stock...but could of been the dyno i think. still...quite a healthy lude

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    Quote Originally Posted by ludetec View Post
    really u dont need to spend alot of money

i belive x-force headers make good dyno proven power... n i think liverpool exhaust sell them too

then a good quality cat n rear system will get u good gains in power...but for every mod u need to tune for it. no use putting a system on the car if u cant tune the ecu

the stock honda system including the headers will not get u far if u want power gains. i had cams in my car (h22) n could not get over 100kw at wheels. a stock car does 90-100kw.
    i have seen a jap h22 pull 115kw atw stock...but could of been the dyno i think. still...quite a healthy lude

My car is stock other than a Custom intake.. i pulled over 110kw @ the wheels LOL.
    Im just gonne slowly come through with some theories in regards to exhausts, mufflers etc. WHen i have more $$ that is and this is pre-tuning.

Ohh half throttle i was getting over 80kw @ wheels

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    Quote Originally Posted by [stealth] View Post
    just get a mugen cat-back or with mugen headers dundas
    hahaha, but that would cost over 2.5k
    damnz man
    hahaha- Could get sum rims for that

what about Greddy Evo2? anyone here have any experience with that?