200 for 15's they are dreaming.
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    just a random question but i just picked up my adrenalins last night. is the right tyre supposed to be a mirror image of the left tyre or is it just the left tyre rotated, cos i think they sold me two left tyres.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Quote Originally Posted by SeverAMV View Post
    just a random question but i just picked up my adrenalins last night. is the right tyre supposed to be a mirror image of the left tyre or is it just the left tyre rotated, cos i think they sold me two left tyres.
    Don't worry they are not meant to be mirror image of each other as they are asymetrical, non directional and they don't have specific left and right tyres. They do however have "outside" printed on the outer sidewall to specify the outer side. Hence the tread seems to flick up on one side and flick down on the other. Here is a pic of my setup:

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by EG30 View Post
    Don't worry they are not meant to be mirror image of each other as they are asymetrical, non directional and they don't have specific left and right tyres. Hence the tread seems to flick up on one side and flick down on the other. Here is a pic of my setup:

man, are you sure theyre meant to be like that? because the physics of having a right tyre like that means that when it rains, all the water will be directed towards the centre of the tyre rather than outwards, which leads to less grip overall.
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

does any1 know where could I get a better price in Melb area for these 2 type of tyres ?

thanks in advance...
    Yo~~! Vtec go ! go ! go !

Check this :

Garage Sales ( Brand New items ) For sale : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83889

Don't worry they are not meant to be mirror image of each other as they are asymetrical, non directional and they don't have specific left and right tyres. They do however have "outside" printed on the outer sidewall to specify the outer side. Hence the tread seems to flick up on one side and flick down on the other. Here is a pic of my setup:

Thank you. I was so worried about mine being fitted incorrectly. I does look weird though.
    TVIS - Toyota VTEC imitation system

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    yeah, but the problem is, even tho it says outside, does it say outside right tyre? cos the left one also says outside and looks normal.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    Quote Originally Posted by SeverAMV View Post
    man, are you sure theyre meant to be like that? because the physics of having a right tyre like that means that when it rains, all the water will be directed towards the centre of the tyre rather than outwards, which leads to less grip overall.
    I'll check mine tomorrow. But I thought the RE-001 were Directional and they have right and left tyres with outside labels on them.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Prev Potenzas all the way back to the RE71 days were directional and symetrical in design. The new RE001 is now non directional but assymetrical ( RE050A, RE070 asym as well ). If they made it directional and assymetrical as well you would need diff tyres for diff sides of the car ie LH and RH tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Prev Potenzas all the way back to the RE71 days were directional and symetrical in design. The new RE001 is now non directional but assymetrical ( RE050A, RE070 asym as well ). If they made it directional and assymetrical as well you would need diff tyres for diff sides of the car ie LH and RH tyres.
    if you look at the tread pattern, its a directional design regardless of what they may claim... and i dont think bridgestone would make a silly mistake like that. grooves play an important part in directing water in wet weather. asymmetrical designs dont really work unless theyre directional. if you dont get what i mean by the tread parting water to a certain direction, rotate the front right tyre mentally, and you'll notice that it will suck water towards the centre of the tyre, which is bad.

my job involves a lot of driving, whether it be a sunny day or the worst stormy day around, so i cant really overlook something like this if it means i cant make left turns in the rain.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2

how did you take this pic?
    i want to take a similar pic for my car as well
    i got RE001's fitted today

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    took the pic with my ancient canon G2 camera 7th gen, had the camera very close to the ground, shot at ISO200 I think handheld, +1.5 stop exposure compensation ie outside the car overexposed but at least you could see underneath the car. I then edited the pic with photoshop with the shadow highlight command to boost the shadow areas ie the tyres.

look fwd to your pics of your new purchase.