Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2001 ITR

Request for DIY Catback Installation

I have Toda header, will be getting metal cat (getting flanges welded on) and fujitsubo PG, on its way, should be arriving soon. Can anyone give me advice on how to install catback, how & whats need- gaskets, sealant so on and so on the more technical the better. Its going on a DC2R. I wanna install myself cos i've been quoted from $250-$300. Or is it better to get a pro to fit it?

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPE-R617 View Post
    I have Toda header, will be getting metal cat (getting flanges welded on) and fujitsubo PG, on its way, should be arriving soon. Can anyone give me advice on how to install catback, how & whats need- gaskets, sealant so on and so on the more technical the better. Its going on a DC2R. I wanna install myself cos i've been quoted from $250-$300. Or is it better to get a pro to fit it?
    Personally I choose to get it installed in a shop that had a lift. Saved my back and crawling under a lowered car. Otherwise the job is fairly straight forward. This will give you a basic guide: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15919
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Yeah I'd get a shop to do it man. Definitely worth your time/money/back/peace of mind.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 ITR
    Thanks for your replies, can anyone recommend a good exhaust shop that can install it, in Melbourne.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPE-R617 View Post
    Thanks for your replies, can anyone recommend a good exhaust shop that can install it, in Melbourne.
    Depends on where you are located, but I have used a few different places. Bay Road Exhausts I have found to be good.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    man..
    its like str8 forward..

unbolt and bolt.. the only thing a diy can show u is which direction to turn the nuts
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Cat-back is pretty straight forward.
    Providing you have the TIME (few hours max) and TOOLS

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    jack + stands and maybe a friend or two.

with the right tools, size 12-14. cant actually remember when i did mine.

wont take no longer than 2-3hours.

if the bolts are rusted spray with wd-40 first then take it off. just in case you round the bolt.

make sure you have gaskets also.
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 ITR
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM.Power View Post
    jack + stands and maybe a friend or two.

with the right tools, size 12-14. cant actually remember when i did mine.

wont take no longer than 2-3hours.

if the bolts are rusted spray with wd-40 first then take it off. just in case you round the bolt.

make sure you have gaskets also.

Thanks for the info budd.

Member Array
    Car:
    00-DC2r
    You'll need a donut gasket to connect the header to the cat, apart from that provide you have gaskets, and the right bolts it should be a straight forward job. Me and some mates tried it with jacks and stands, very hard since only one person can be under the car at any time, and unwrenching the old bolts was difficult enough without the car moving on the stands due to the force. In the end, we went to a mate's mate's house which had a pit, made the job very much easier. Just something for you to consider!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Yeh,
    How did you go installed yet?

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    just wondering if we need a gasket to fit an axle back exhaust? or is it pretty much unbolt bolt on?
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead