Thread: Sony Deck

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    ey guys, i jus got an old deck off a friend.. cuz im a bit low on cash atm and i jus wanted to listen to some cds while im cruisn, rather than radio, so i wanna install this deck..

now ive got the hondacodes.. but im not sure which are the corresponding wires for the sony deck... im gonna chuck an amp in as well... so i was wondering to which wire i should connect the romote wire to ?

Im not gonna worry about the speaker wires because im gonna install my 6.5"s and hook them up directly to the amp.. (im kinda noob at this so if i say somethin wrong correct me plz )

which leads me to my second question, has anyone got any pictures or guides or anything on how to hook 6.5" to EG civic hatch front doors? Looks like ill need to make some spacers, ne one give ne advice or ne thin with those.. =)?

Thanx !

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I made spacers for the speakers in m EG doors......however I can't remember if the speakers were 6" or 6.5" I guess i could go take a picture if you really want Just use some MDF to make circular wooden spacers.

As for the wiring.......look at the manual for the deck as it will tell you which colour is which.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    As for the wiring.......look at the manual for the deck as it will tell you which colour is which
    yea thats kinda the thing ops: because the deck is from a friend, thats all i have... and thats why i dont know which wires are which... :S

are all sony's the same? does someone else have a manual for this deck or a similar deck?

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    all headunits are the same. all the colors do the same thing, (- blue: remote - blue/white: antenna - red: AC - yellow: 12v - black:Gournd -) the rest are all ya speakers should be 8 wires left over, 2 for each of ya four speakers

if u gonna run amps u'll need to feed a power cable from the battery to power ya amp.
    then plug ya rca's into the front rca outs, then plug the other end into a amp then spliz from amp
    then same for rears, amp then subs.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Its actually blue-white for the remote

But yes.......most headunits will be the same.....especially Sony ones.

I've got a ROUGHt write up here:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/viewtopic.php?t=6499

If you have any more questions in regards to that thread just post there!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    when you install your system dont do it in the dark, u wont be able to see the wire colors and ur tools will be hard to find. as i have done numerous car systems in the dark because i work in the day time and i tell u it aint tat fun. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    hahah thx for the help guys..

i dunno wat u mean by blue-white .. does that mean blue with white stripe?

my deck has a blue and light blue... im pretty sure the blue is the remote and the light blue is ATT... which i was told pretty much only used for automatic ariels and mobile fone car kits..

correct me if im wrong =)?

thx for the tip z3lda.. im gonna be installing it the same time as i redo my carpet so yea.. hopefully be all good and day light :P
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    thats right you got an EG, dont worri about that power antenna. just need the black(ground)/red(ac)/yellow(12v)/blue(remote) wires. as for the rest of the wires u can tape it up cuz ur gonna be running ya speakers of the amp anyawyz

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    yupyup !! thx guys i think i got it.. all makes 100% sense to me now..

if i get in any trouble ill be sure to come back n ask but all should b sweet!

thx guys
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL