Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In car GPS.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by d15z1SUX View Post
    ive got a hp ipac with tomtom. it lags by about 20 metres or so and f***s me up sometimes. then when im turn it on after having parked the car it doesn't know which way im facing but thats understandable. also sometimes tells me to turn at no right turns and do illegal u turns haha. sometimes it gets confused and reckons i exited the freeway or am still on the freeway, but only for a few seconds at the most.
    What's your iPaq's CPU speed? I find that PDAs it needs an XScale processor of 624MHz to be quick enough to avoid GPS lagging.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    i think its 400 mhz.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by d15z1SUX View Post
    i think its 400 mhz.
    On my x50v, it usually sets itself to below 500MHz. But when I fire up the BT link to my GPS and the nav software, the CPU spikes to a constant 624MHz (max speed). Either it takes a lot of CPU power to run the software, or the CPU is not optimised.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    ah ic. im pretty clueless. i don't actually own the pda it belongs to my company but we use them for work. i just remember my supervisor telling me they were as fast as our old ones haha. which i think was 400mhz or 433mhz or something.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2-R
    I dont know much about the model names or such but I have used a TomTom and a Navman.

User friendly wise, it was TomTom all the way.
    Switch the unit to On and you're off
    All the point of interest stuff, browsing through the menu, and so on was very clear and very easy to use!

Where as the Navman did get confusing at times.
    Setting your destination isn't as easy and more importantly as quick the Tomtom.

The Navman was a smaller and slimmer (and much prettier) unit compared to the Tomtom.
    But this isn't enough to persuade me into buying one over the Tomtom!
    - [ * AℓвєятяoN ] illegal street racing is bad hao map ! says:
    haha. i'll marry you.
    ||nam|| says:
    ok thats just wrong

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro
    Actually the 2007 Mio range (C220 & C520) were the first in the Australian market to be released with the v14 sensis maps. Depending on how much you want to spend both are great at what they do.

The Navmans aren't worth looking at at the moment. Mio actually bought them out at the start of the year so I would say their future models will be better.

The C520 has the option for TMC which will be coming out in Australia very soon also. Real-time traffic info sent to your GPS to avoid congestion and accidents etc. Cool stuff.

just bought my tomtom ONE from dick smith for 399 and if you buy it from July 16th to Octobor 16th you can get a free map upgrade 2007. Good value for money IMO. Great unit too. Just like the tomtom ONE XL but smaller, Cant really justify the extra 200 for a XL.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by clem View Post
    just bought my tomtom ONE from dick smith for 399 and if you buy it from July 16th to Octobor 16th you can get a free map upgrade 2007. Good value for money IMO. Great unit too. Just like the tomtom ONE XL but smaller, Cant really justify the extra 200 for a XL.

I bought 1 about 2min ago from harvey norman. told them the price at DS and tandy was 400 and got the same price..

Sent for the update, but was advised i already got it, even thgouh i had the old logo.

Big thanks to triptaka for advising me where he got it from
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Yeah just make sure its the V14 wheris maps. I got V13. Sending in my form tmrow

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    Thanks guys awesome help as usual.

Now i gotta go back and give rep points to about 10 of you good peeps
    See my Car here
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L VTEC.
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L

Thanks

Thanks Again for your help Guys i Got a TomTom XL, very happy with it thanks for the recommendations.
    See my Car here
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L VTEC.
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

I got one too hehe :-)
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.