Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: In car GPS.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    just for everyones knowledge i have a tomtom new edition which is the model before the XL came out. what i have found to be a downside to the tomtom is that the battery life isn't all that great but the incar charger resolves that issue.

also i would recommend to install the tomtom home software onto your computer and once every few week connect your tomtom to that to get the update gpsfix data loaded on your tomtom this will speed up the time it takes your tomtom to pick up satellites.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ex 07 Civic Driver
    Just a warning for those with GPS units from the Victoria Police.

They have cautioned people with GPS units to take care when leaving their cars in public places or outside their homes, as thieves are targetting cars with them.

Thieves look for the telltale sign that a GPS unit may be hidden inside a car, such as an empty suction cap or holder on the car window or dash.

Yea thats quite true, I have heard a lot of people getting them stolen out of their cars. But the crooks tend to stay away from cars that have visible signs of alarms. That said I think one still has to be cautious

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    Quote Originally Posted by Borg View Post
    Just a warning for those with GPS units from the Victoria Police.

They have cautioned people with GPS units to take care when leaving their cars in public places or outside their homes, as thieves are targetting cars with them.

Thieves look for the telltale sign that a GPS unit may be hidden inside a car, such as an empty suction cap or holder on the car window or dash.
    Thanks for the heads up.. i hadn't thought about it.. and had been leaving it suction capped to the windscreen, then a mate told me ppls are looking for them to steal because they can get easy money for them, Grre bad peeps are so annoying no i have take it down and hide it..

I agree also the battery life on them sux's not good... leave mine plugged in to incar charger on long trip.. been doing the Sydney to Wangaratta trip every weekend 6.5 hours.. thats getting the k's up and giving the GPS a good work out

Great Work guys.
    See my Car here
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L VTEC.
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    EG/K20a & EK/B18cR
    i got a tomtom go710 trust me it works a treat easy to use touch screen and very clear

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    Roadangel is suppose to be good but not cheap at all.

I rekn its worth getting a little more info on these.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Vti
    I've got a tomtom 910 and i reckon it pretty good. there's a bit of a bug playing mp3s. Best way to go around this is to upload playlists on it. I figured it out the other day. fancy that when i had it for 6 months...

Mio c520!

You get all the features of a higher priced unit at a decent price.
    It's also easy to see with the widescreen + sidescreen for extra info without getting in the way of the map.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic 7th
    hi

i read that the Mio C520 only has the speed camera feature for 1 year, then after that you have to subscribe to it, is this true?

i too am leaning towards a Mio C520.

not too sure about that cuz i think it's just preset.
    There are some fixed speed cameras (newer ones) that don't appear on my gps although u can easily add it in 5seconds.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic 7th
    sweet, so do you like the Mio C520? im very keen on buying this model, ive read about the TOmTOm and Navi et al, however i am leaning towards the Mio as it has much more features, where from and how much did you get your for?

I went to JB hifi and it was going for $480 bux at the time can't remember if it was on sale or not but got it down to $430 which was sweeeeet. but that was then and it's probably cheaper now? haven't been keeping an eye one it. But it's sweet. Gotta love the widescreen.
    Oh and if u really cbf taking it out and sticking it on ur windscreen all the time (cuz obivously u don't leave the mount on ur car 24/7 for obvious reasons) i find it's ok to leave it on ur dash board (for temp use) just infront of ur speedo cuz u get a speedo on the gps anyways. so (Y)

just my random 2c