Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: In car GPS.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i got the aldi one for about $200. ****ing SEX gps! (had to hack it and put decent gps software on it though i now can run windows hahah

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by steve88 View Post
    i got the aldi one for about $200. ****ing SEX gps! (had to hack it and put decent gps software on it though i now can run windows hahah
    Which model did you buy and how did you hack it?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    ok revive this thread...
    anyone tell me which TOM TOM is this sucker? cant tell from the pix

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    That's a TomTom Go 300

It's like 3-4 years old now

Compared to the units of today its pretty shitty... The navigation display is similar to the current models but the rest of the interface is like living in the '90s again as well as the GPS receiver is as weak as shit cooperatively

I'd pay maybe $50? MAX for it
    Last edited by Drew; 09-04-2008 at 09:32 AM.
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 ek1 h/b
    Hello if anyone can give me a hand im after a new gps. From looking so far all i have come across is the tom tom 1 version 3 ($298) and the garmin nuvi ($368) those are wow prices. Does anyone have any info about these 2? does anyone know any good places that do good prices on these apart from wow, jb, autobarn? internet sites etc? anyhelp will be greatly appreciated
    STEALTH

Try this:

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...oduct/D4223WEB

They have a good deal at the moment...or join Optus from strathfield, and you will get it free

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    this might of been bought up before but can u cut the cigarette lighter charger and wire it straight to ur battery...
    im guessing there is just a positive and negative cable in there...

i recently bought the clarion max676vd headunit and am planning to get the sat nav option that is plug and play with this device,, so baciscally i get double din and flush sat nav in my dc5..

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Btw the new Hp Ipaq 312 GPS is pretty darn good too!
    I take my comment back!

I bought one on special at DSE for $199 and refunded it a couple days later.

What a piece of crap they call GPS.

It wanted me to do U-Turns in the middle of a highway, it wanted me to turn right at a no-right turn. Everything was shit about it. I originally thought the software was the problem, but i modified the windows on it and put TomTom on it but gave the same problem.

Avoid like the plague!

Oh i did however buy the Go720 about a couple months ago for $480, loving it. No crazy directions like the HP *spit*

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Auto
    Do yourselves a favour and buy one from Ebay. Mine has a 4.3" screen bluetooth, plays avi, mp3's, has AV in and all for $200. Plus you can hack it as said above and put any software you want onto it! ;o)

I have hard wired it behind the cigarette socket and mounted it in the centre console, looks the nuts!

I got an I-mate Jamin put tomtom and iGo both work perfectly.
    External GPS reciever from ebay for $35.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK
    just wondering, are there any GPS's out there that have live traffic updates displayed aswell?
    and if there are, how much would it be around? cos i always hate getting stuck in traffic and would love if my GPS would route me to another route/show me a less congested alternate.
    ||bye bye civic || hello awd turbo ||