Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: In car GPS.

Member Array
    Car:
    s15
    Quote Originally Posted by dahon View Post
    just wondering, are there any GPS's out there that have live traffic updates displayed aswell?
    and if there are, how much would it be around? cos i always hate getting stuck in traffic and would love if my GPS would route me to another route/show me a less congested alternate.
    I have the tomtom 720 which does this through updates via computer/internet. Otherwise you will have to use your phones gprs for it to be 'live'.

Also I would like to ask, do you guys always take off your GPS units once you've parked the car, i.e. at the shops?

S2Krazy Array
    All TomTom and Navman offer live traffic updates. Optional cost.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK
    is the cost upfront or like monthly/ongoing?
    ||bye bye civic || hello awd turbo ||

S2Krazy Array
    you'd have to hit up the manufacturer's website on that one, I'm not sure.
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by DC4Integra98 View Post
    I have the tomtom 720 which does this through updates via computer/internet. Otherwise you will have to use your phones gprs for it to be 'live'.

Also I would like to ask, do you guys always take off your GPS units once you've parked the car, i.e. at the shops?
    Mounted it in the centre console (Accord Euro), just close the lid, all gone!

S2Krazy Array
    Mio are offering a free 2008 map upgrade on all their units atm, so just a heads up for any potential buyers out there.
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    93' DA9
    MIO, there real good...beats tomtom

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK
    Quote Originally Posted by DC4Integra98 View Post

definately dood, and also wipe the mark made by the suction cup off the windshield. my uncles volvo suv thingy got broken into just because they saw the suction mark. they stole the mount, but he took the gps with him.
    crazy aye.

i checked up the navman site, live traffic updates/diverts isnt avaliable for australia.. how gay...

im aftering a set of gps, looking for a 4.3" screen, but have no idea which to buy, any recommend

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 2008
    I just bought the Tomtom one Xl for $340 in JB Hifi after a bit of haggling. First impression is that the during the first time it was booted up, it took ages to get a satellite lock (i.e. 5 minutes at least). However, after that, it took seconds to get a couple of satellites (i.e. less than 5 secs ). Also, I tried to install the suction cup for an hour and took it off a couple of times and it doesn't leave a mark. Good for evading the thief

In term of the navigation, it certainly did the job well and get you where you wanted, though bear in mind it can sometimes ask you to do illegal right turn and there's a slight different between how far really are from a turn and the distance displayed, but still bearable.

Overall, I think it's a really easy GPS to use (it's my very first GPS, and I can use it without reading the manual first). Definitely worth the money, really please with it too

Hondajazz2005: as it's a 4.3" screen too, I reckon it'll get the job done. Just my 2 cents.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    gregory's street directory is the way
    honestly how often do you need gps (unless you travel for work around NSW) its not as if you dont know the usual areas you always travel
    is it Friday yet......

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK
    if your a courier then yes
    finding friends places that you havent been before aswell
    and also if the traffic update thing worked in australia (hopefully itll be up soon) then it would defnately be a big help going around the big incidents.